Are You Sure It's Shame?

Chapter 8

Aubrey's POV

When he closed the door he lifted me up and I was supported by the door. I was looking into his dreamy eyes. He pecked down my neck and found my sweet spot. A moan escaped my mouth and heard another one of his throaty laughs.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him deeply. I saw the hunger in eyes, it looked like he could devour me. I laid down on his bed and he propped himself up with one arm and with the other he held my waist. I started pulling off his polo shirt and I got a glimpse of his abs. Wow, is all I could think.

He smirked at me and started kissing down my neck. I was definitely going to have hickeys tomorrow after what he was doing to me right now. He pulled off my shirt in one swift motion and looked at my bra, probably not my bra."Jeez, you're beautiful." He kissed the top of my breasts and kissed down my stomach. I felt something ignite in me, I wanted him. My hands dropped down to his belt. We were both out of breath, he smiled and kissed me.

"Not here. We'll make it special."

I nodded my head still out of breath, "Special. Like Paris. By the way we're going on vacation together." I grabbed one of his sweatshirts and tugged it on. I quickly got rid of my skirt and got back into bed with him.

"Are you sure? Doesn't your dad hate me?"

"He hates everyone. How about you come over for dinner one night. You can prove to him that you're all that and more." He still had his arm supporting him and it was so hot. 

"Are you sure?" I looked into his dreamy eyes again. He put my baby hairs behind my ear and kissed my cheek. "He'll love you, just like I do."

He smiled and laughed, "Did the great Aubrey Smith just tell me she loves me?"

"I think I did, Mr. Howell."

"Well, I love you too. I always will." He kissed me on the cheek again. "Goodness, I really do love you. My parents will. Well maybe my mom and Becca." I laughed.

"That doesn't help matters. If your dad doesn't like me then I'm screwed."

"He doesn't like the Davidson's. He'll like you. Might take awhile, but he will."

"Okay. You wanna watch a movie?" He turned on the tv in his room. We started watching a rom-com called The Proposal. It was amazing. At the end of night we cuddled close and I fell asleep in his arms. Let's just say that was one of the best sleeps I've had in awhile.

~~~~

"We're going to be late for school if we are not up in ten minutes." He whispered in my ear. I didn't want to wake up, I wanted him to keep me close to him for the whole day.

He got up and started getting dressed. "Aubrey, come on. We need to go soon, your dad is going to kill me."

I stifled a laugh, "I can't wear what I was wearing yesterday. That has walk of shame all over it."

"Would it really be shame?" He laughed.

I nodded my head no and got up. I hadn't checked my phone from last night and there were texts from Adalyn and my mom. It was nice to know they cared. I planned on wearing his sweatshirt and some leggings. I put my hair in a ponytail and saw the hickey on my neck. "I think you should keep your hair up, really turns me on." He kissed my neck again.

"We need to stop. We need to go."

"Weren't you the one who didn't want to leave?" I rolled my eyes and walked out into his hallway. Claire stood there and waved, "So you stayed the night and you have a hickey on your neck."

"How the hell do you know what that is?"

"I am in eighth grade. I kinda know a lot." She walked back into her room and Alex joined me in the hallway. We walked into the kitchen and his mom handed me a tumbler full of coffee, "Y'all are probably tired." She laughed.

"Mom!" He laughed with her. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and we were in his car driving to school. We walked in hand and hand, people looked at us. I didn't know why. Did Anthony tell everyone about the fight with my dad? I could spill his secrets within a second.

Adalyn had a gym back over her shoulder. She doesn't play any sports. "Here's your bag for practice today. Also I covered for you last night. You owe me" She looked annoyed.

"My dad wouldn't leave me the hell alone! I'm sorry." I mumbled and I looked into the office. My dad was standing there red eyed. He looked like he'd been crying. I quickly walked into the office. He rubbed his face and ran towards me.

"Oh thank god you're okay." He quickly wrapped his arms around me. I heard him break down on my shoulder. "Are you okay? I'm fine, what's wrong?"

"Turner's in the hospital. He's okay, I promise."

"What's wrong with Turner?"

"They found something. Like I said he's okay, we need to go. We'll talk more in the car." He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the front  door, "I have practice today and what about--"

I got to his car and we got in, there was Turner fine in the back seat. "What the hell is this? You lied to me!"

"Turn on location services right now. Then give Turner your phone." He warned.

"What- why?"

"Listen to dad."

"I'll turn on my location but I'm not giving you my phone. You just lied to me about Turner. You just wanted to put on a show!"

Turner moved my ponytail from where it was on my neck, "Is that a hickey?!"

My hand in response covered it. I felt the tears roll down my face. What was going to happen? Why was this happening to me? I've done everything but good for this family. I felt hurt and I couldn't deal with this anymore. I could end my pain here, maybe just jump out of the car. Sure it would hurt, but I could be out of my misery.

We came to a stop in front of our house. Mom was waiting outside with her arms crossed, "What the hell is wrong with you Cooper! You just took her out of school for what reason? Because she hates you? I would hate you to. You treat her like she's three. And Turner! Your with him on this too? What the hell is wrong with you! I raised you better." I walked over to my mom and she put her arm around me.

"We're trying to help!" Dad started.

Mom looked down at her ring finger. It was almost slow motion. I watched as she grabbed the beautiful ring and threw it at my dad. "You two can leave. I knew I should've divorced you awhile ago. Your anger is out of hand,Cooper. I'll see you at Becca's wedding."

"It at the end of summer," He started.

"Exactly, I don't want to see your faces until the end of summer! And to add to that, you can do business alone. Aubrey is going to act like a normal teenager." She kept in a sob while she walked back in the house.

"I hope you're happy now." I mumbled as I walked into the house