Lean Into Me

Anthony's POV

Play the song: 'I Don't Want To Live Forever' during this chapter or simply press the link up there ^^ (Slowed down and reverb songs are great for over thinking at three in morning and for writing 😚)

Being sent over the edge in a conference room with a girl you've liked almost your entire life sucks. Yes, because I decided to pull her by the belt loops and act all stone cold when all I wanted to do was kiss her. Make her mine. Make her forget about Alex and all he does to her.

Admiring her from afar was something I got used too. Sneaking glances and rooting for her were only some of the things I started to do recently. There was just something about her; when I was next to her I felt like something clicked in my head and suddenly I changed. My once goofy and funny personality (which I missed) changed in high school when I realized I would have to mature for the company. Mature for the better.

When she didn't show up on time for our study session I felt awfully upset with myself. Upset that I let myself buy food and drinks, making sure to stock up on everything, only to find her to be late. Of course I felt bad for Adalyn, break ups are hard and definitely aren't fun. Zach is a nice guy but with the pressures of his father and mother— a very conservative family— I could see how that sent him over the edge. One thing guys at our school were prone to do because they thought they were so cool, was talk about their girlfriends sex life. Definitely didn't need to hear about someone getting blown in the bathroom during lunch.

That's besides the point. My father and I had discussed hours upon hours of how to talk to Aubrey about her fathers affair. We didn't want to make her hurt but we wanted it to push her off the edge to a point where whatever she does gets under Coopers skin. I wasn't so sure what was going on in that brain of hers because one second she's off in a classroom making out with Star— Yes, Alex is one of those guys that talks about everything— and the next she's whispering kiss me without even realizing it.

She sat back down in the chair with her orange chicken in hand. Those jeans were tight in all the right places and the rips were perfectly placed. I scanned up her body and tried shaking my head to get all the thoughts out of my head. The ones where pinning her against my desk and kissing her like no tomorrow were the thoughts I kept having and the ones that I should not be thinking about.

"So," She started. "I'm thinking a larger scaled hotel. Like I said last week as prices go up the more amenities there are. There'll be a bar and restaurant, most likely a spa and gym, and a lovely reception team." She stopped as she kept eating her food.

All I could do was my nod my head at her. "Honeymoon suites? Condos on top?" I asked, clearly trying to get some ideas of mine on the table. Maybe mentioning the honeymoon suites  weren't the best after almost kissing her. I thought.

It did spark her attention though. She perked up and it looked the gears were turning in her head. If I knew anything about this project it was going to have to be the fact she was most likely going to come up with blueprints and designs, while I figured out cost, land, and the mass amounts of staff that would be needed.

"That is a good idea, why didn't you bring it up sooner?" She asked while taking another bite of her chicken. I didn't know why I found this interaction so funny. As important daughters and sons we learn from young ages talking with your mouth full or eating extremely close to someone is rude. But with Aubrey I honestly didn't mind it, she was something new in my world. She always made it spin uncontrollably.