9. Serena is back

She started walking towards me directly, but then Adrian was quicker and he immediately put himself between me and her.

"Back off", he warned her, but that didn't stop her, she simply smiled and raised both of her hands up above her head. The blue sky now started becoming darker. There was a loud thundering sound that filled the air now, followed by lightning and then there was a storm approaching us from a distance.

The podium on which we were standing swung madly and then started whirling around. The people who had powers to fly immediately set off the podium including the king and the ministers. The king also helped his wife fly along with him.

Now only I, Adrian and Princess Mallaina was left back on the crazily swinging podium. I didn't know what was happening, there were loud cries and screams from down. I thought I even saw a few children whirling up in the air.

Adrian clasped mine and Princess Mallaina's hand instantly.

"We will have to find a way to get down", he screamed and just then the intensity of the air increased and the podium started turning to an angle that Princess Mallaina lost her balanced and she slipped.

"Nooooo", Adrian jumped to save her. It wasn't working. Adrian was losing his grip too, immediately I reached for him and helped in steady himself then I reached for Mallaina, who was clasping on to the edge now, her beautiful gown was dancing wildly against the wind. With mine and Adrian's combined strength, we managed to pull her up finally.

I fell down on my knees breathless. The podium was still swinging wildly.

"Only you can do something, Rose", Adrian told me.

"No, No I cannot", I told him.

"Yes, you can stop her, stop her", he screamed, breathing deeply.

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on channeling my power. I touched it lightly but then felt a cold tingling sensation rise within me. The horrific events that happened back in the cave came back to me, and just like that, it was gone.

"What happened?", he asked "you were almost there, try again", he insisted.

"No, I cannot", I told him, shaking my head madly.

"Rose you have to save these people, they are in danger. I know that you can do it, they need you, Rose, they need you", he said desperately.

I took a small glance down. It was a mess down there. There was too much pain and suffering.

"It's all because of you", a small voice came from behind. I turned my head to see who was it, though I already knew who it was very well.

There she was, Serena. Standing in front of me, calmly.

It has only been a week or so, and I could already say that she was not looking healthy as she looked last time. She was looking weak now, but yet I saw a different kind of strength in her now, a fire in those bright blue eyes. Eyes which were now furious and mad. Eyes which searched for nothing except for me.

"These people have to suffer because of you. You took everything away from me...Everything. And now, I will take everything away from you", she said, still maintaining her calm composure.

"I have nothing to lose", I retorted back instantly.

"Hahaaaa, yes", she laughed her lungs out. The podium now became stable again. "Nothing...indeed", she laughed and then she turned her gaze towards Adrian, who was standing all this while next to me silently holding his sister's hand. I understood what she was thinking about instantly.