54. The lost Flame

"How could you, tell me to choose between them?", I cried out. "I want them, please give them back to me", I pleaded to a cup? I couldn't even believe what I was doing. I was so emotionally drained out that I had zero higher reasoning right now. I knew that every second I spent here, I was risking myself. The man who was happily enjoying the scene is waiting to kill me.

"So sad Rose", he voiced, coldly. "I don't like both of them. I would have killed both of them, but see someone is being generous in saving one life for you", he laughed out loud. "Don't worry I will make sure that I will kill that person as soon as he or she resurrects", he laughed, cruelly.

"Rose", a soft voice called out for me. The voice was coming from the flame of my mother. "Don't worry about me. I knew my end. Save Adrian", she said. Tears dripping down my eyes uncontrollably I couldn't let myself think of it. "I want you too", I told her. "I want you mother", I told her desperately.

"Rose, I love you and I always will. Adrian is a good guy, I have known him since his childhood. He will keep you happy. My life is over Rose. I want you to be happy now. Save him, before you lose the opportunity", she said urgently.

"Mother...I...", I stopped. I wanted her... wanted her too. But I knew that I had to be strong. I knew that time was ticking and I had to make my choice soon. Chewing up all my guilt...that I was going to sacrifice my mother, I stood up near the chalice. Burdened with my own thoughts, my heart being heavy I spoke out the next few words. "I want to save Adrian", I said out, chocking in my own words. I knew that I could never be able to forgive myself. I was killing my own mother.

"Your wish will be granted", it announced. The room became dull all of sudden. The green flame that was outside Adrian's body, entered in again. Giving him his first breath again and for my mother's flame. It started dissociating just like her body. I let a huge cry out loud. My heart was heavy, I didn't know why I had to see this day, why I had to know that she was my mother, to just lose her the next second.

"I love you", she said before going away forever into thin air.

"Rose, give me the Flame", Xalton voiced himself in a dangerous tone.

I clearly ignored him and helped Adrian who was slowly regaining his consciousness.

"Rose", he breathed my name again, A thin warning in his voice.

"I am not going to act like your puppet anymore", I voiced myself. I clambered onto my foot and started walking towards him. "You have made my life a mess. You killed my parents, you spoiled my entire childhood and now you dared to take even Adrian from me", I told him, my anger starting to peek up now. I knew that I had reached my tipping point. I was in full power now, I will burn him, burn him into ashes. For what he has done to me and my family.

"Rose, move behind", Adrian pulled me away from him. Why was he doing this? Doesn't he want me to teach Xalton a lesson?.

"Adrian leave me", I warned him.

"Let's leave", he repeated himself.

"Adriannnnn", and that's it, my powers took control of me beyond my control. I was like a human torch now, burning in full intensity, ready to burn anything or anyone who came in my way.

"Rose, please understand. This would do no good for us", Adrian tried to reason with me.

"It would do good for me", I fired back.

"You have been very adamant recently", Xalton said out loud. "You leave me with no other option", he said starting to spell out his chants loudly.

I really didn't understand what happened next, because it all happened so fast. Kat arrived from somewhere and attacked Xalton, at the very correct time when he let out his spell at me. I tried to avoid his attack by sending a jet of Flame at the approaching magic. Only that it had no effect on it. Instead, it tore me into pieces. I was in deep pain. My body, each of its cells, my muscles were all crying. I felt like all of my bones were cracking. I cried out in immense pain. I wanted to die, I didn't want to go through this. Definitely didn't. Maybe I died then because I felt my muscles relaxing and pain residing away slowly. I was blacking out, my eyes were shutting down slowly. I heard Adrian and Kat's panicking voice the last. They were dragging me into somewhere. I knew that this was my last chance. Last chance to talk to them, to see them before I died. Before I could never see them again. I knew that I was going to finally see my parents. My parents loved me so much that they didn't think a moment before sacrificing their life for me.

Before me were the two people I loved the most in this life.

"I love you", I told them before, I closed my eyes forever.

**************************************

So, one last chapter left finally. I hope you guys liked this chapter and are eager to read the next one😁.

Don't forget to VOTE plxzzzzz