12. Born with curse?

I was sitting on a couch, and so was Adrian. Our couch was up on air (is what a third person would think) but it was only me and Adrian who knew that the couch was upon an invisible pod.

"Why this place, or rather this moment?", Adrian asked me automatically.

"It is not easy to leave back those moments, which you've lived through your whole heart", I simply said, staring up at the dark sky filled with tiny little stars. "I wanted to live this moment again when my heart was lighter", I told him.

"So you are saying that your heart is lighter now?", he asked me, gazing up at the sky like me.

I turned around to meet him, calculating whether or whether not to let my heart out. Maybe I could let some part of it out, I decided.

"Adrian, I want to tell you something", I started awkwardly.

"Go ahead"

"Do you know that your father has appointed a guard for me?", I asked him.

"What? No, he cannot", he started infuriated "Don't worry, I will talk to him. I will not tolerate this", he said starting to let the illusion or whatever around us dissolve.

I gently brushed off his fingers with mine. "You know what? I was furious too at the beginning, but now I'm starting to think that this is not the end", I managed a smile at him. Adrian kept staring at me wide-eyed.

"Why do I think that something crazy is going on inside your head", he said narrowing his eyes.

"You are smart...so so smart", I said smirking. "Yes, I do have something in my mind. Now tell me how do you treat your guards? wait I know that you treat them as friends, that's the problem", I observed.

"What do you mean?", he asked me perplexedly.

"How would you feel, if I treated you like crap?" I asked him smirking.

"You cannot do this Rose", he said, letting out a small laugh " You don't know how to be rude".

"Haha", I laughed my heart out "Are you serious, definitely you don't know me yet...I can be a bitch if I want to", I told him.

"This is not you Rose, see he is already pushing you to become someone you are not", he told me. "I will not let him do this to you Rose, I promise", he said cupping my chin.

He brought his mouth closer to mine, and I automatically started responding to him. Every nerve in my body, felt like it was set on fire.

"Eldar blood is a curse, it will ruin you and those around you" the guard's words came back to me like a slap. And I broke away from him.

"I'm tired, can we leave?" I asked him abruptly.

"What happened?", he asked me, observing the sudden change in me.

"Nothing, just this headache", I said rubbing my fingers to my forehead.

"Again?", he asked me uneasily.

"Don't worry, I just need a good sleep", I told him hastily.

"Okay let's leave", he said. I was wrapped around sudden darkness for a moment. When the darkness cleared out, I was once more standing around tall bushes. It was already dark out now. Adrian effortlessly led me out, into the open garden again.

**************************************

I was ready to leave, my bag was packed and was hanging back on my shoulders, and my casual sneakers were on. I walked towards the door when Princess Mallaina along with Clarle the maid, entered in.

" I want to talk to you", Mallaina told me.

"Go ahead", I said plainly. I didn't like her, and I wasn't going to invest my good charms on her. She clearly didn't deserve my kindness.

"Listen, I know you are going back to school, but before you go I want you to put this in your mind that my brother is engaged to another woman. You are coming between them. I am warning you, Rose, if this engagement breaks because of you, I will make sure that your life becomes hell. Genn is the only one deserving who can proudly carry on the glory of this kingdom. You don't even dream about all of this", she said spreading her hands. " We don't even know anything about your birth...Hahaha, having the Flame of life doesn't mean you could become royal understand? So stay away from my brother...do you understand?", she asked me in a high voice.

Now, there were many reasons why I said what I said next, one to just tease her and test her patience. Or maybe a part of me always liked to do what I was always told not to do.
"No", I said forcing a smile onto my face, "I don't understand. what you don't understand here Princess doll", I said moving a bit closer to her, " I and your brother like each other a lot, and he doesn't like your favorite Princess Genn...you cannot force someone to like someone", I told her calmly.

"Of course you can", she cried " And don't call me Princess doll".

"See here, this shows how immature you are", I told her " Have you ever had feelings for anyone?", I asked her.

"What the hell are you talking?", she shrieked.

" Answer my question, doll", I repeated.

"No", she said after a few moments of hesitation "I have not met anyone with fortune and status more than mine", she replied proudly.

"Yucks", I said " I don't know, why I wasted my time on you", I told her. I was sure that she had never ever in life been talked to like this, cause she looked horrified by what I just said.

"I'm leaving", I said walking towards the door and entering the hallway but came to an abrupt halt.

" By the way, I forgot to tell you another thing", I said turning around "I am not going to stay away from Adrian okay...you can bring whatever consequences you are planning on to me...I'll be waiting for them Princess doll...bye", I said laughing to myself and starting to walk again.

Such a foolish girl, I thought. She still had lots to learn from life.

" Rose", a voice came from behind. I turned around to see Clarle standing there, eyeing me with a broad smile.

"Yes, Clarle?", I asked her, returning back a smile.

"I'm proud of you, my girl", she said teary-eyed. Her tears baffled me.

"What? I...I", I blundered. " Thank you", I replied, unsure of what I was even thankful for.

"I hope, I see you again", she told me, pulling me into a hug. That's when it happened. There was a sudden blackness around me. I couldn't see anything. Nothing except for a few smokey figures. Figures which were continuously taking mine and Kat's name. What was happening? I wanted to see who those smokey figures were. But I couldn't see, because it was all over, once Clarle pulled off.

" What was that?", I asked her perplexed.

"What Rose?", she asked me arching her brows together.

" That...", I cried "Those smokey figures...", I tried to explain.

" There are no smokey figures, Rose...calm down", she told me hurriedly "Come, let me drop you off till the pod", she said grasping my hand and leading me on hurriedly.

**************************************

First of all, sorry for the late update guys.
Secondly, how did you like this chapter? Interesting things are going to happen from here so stay with Rose till the end okay..:)

Don't forget to VOTE