38. Second Lesson

Rose's POV

"I'm really sorry for him", I told Greg after Adrian left.

"It's not a problem", Greg let it off by a small smile.

I didn't know what else to say. I was ashamed of Adrian's behavior, why didn't he understand that I was doing this for him? He will...slowly, I told myself.

"Are you going to tell me now?", I asked him. "How could you show me that?", I asked him softly, as my thoughts wandered back to the events from last night.

He didn't say anything for some time. I thought that he wasn't going to tell me now. But then he started "The great library of the Dominos is known for its enormous collection of books. I worked as a guard at the private library that the king had. Whenever he came in to study, he allowed me too to have a look at some of the books. Books which are not available anywhere outside his private library", he said. I immediately understood what he was referring to, as Adrian himself once connected the pod to the private library and made it accessible to us.

"It was not very long when I read about the Flame. It's powers, the strength of it. I was fascinated and curious to learn more and more about it. And so in the course, I rummaged through all the old books I could find about your powers. It was in the process when I learned that 'the Flame' has a great memory. You can see them in flashes whenever you wanted. I just helped you recollect your lost memories", he said.

" I...I hope, I didn't have to see it but", I mentioned gloomily. Those visuals were still haunting me.

"It was essential", he calmly added.

" Hmmm", I added, thoughtlessly. I stood there silently for a few more moments.

"So you ready for your second class today?", he asked me arching a brow.

" Always", I said with a slight smile, before walking back for my classes.

                              --------

"Where were you yesterday? after classes?", Allen whispered softly as Professor Krinton was explaining us how to produce a shield in a defensive manner.

"Mr can you please concentrate here", he interrupted before I could reply back. He seemed unusually cranky today.

"Sorry Professor", Allen sheepishly smiled.

It was only a few minutes that passed after the scolding after which he again started disturbing me. Producing a shield was not easy, and Allen's continuous interruption wasn't doing me any better. I was getting irate.

"Don't irritate me", I voiced out. Shifting to the small square box that was vacant in the front row.

The sweet bird song marked the end of the class quickly. I was frustrated that I couldn't manage to produce a shield like all of the others beside me. Though Professor Krinton tried to raise my spirits saying that I would get the nack of it quickly, I couldn't believe him.

"What was that about?", Allen confronted me as soon as Professor left the class. He was so loud that few students who were standing around me stopped by and gave us curious looks. My friends were eyeing me from the far end of the room.

"What was what about?", I asked him, lazily.

"That", he pointed at the spot I was standing first.

"You were disturbing me", I told him as a matter of fact.

"From when did this all start mattering to you? You know it would be really better if you could stop acting like a bitch for some time", he said furiously. I have never seen Allen so mad. I always pictured him you to be the one who kept laughing about stupid things and never took things seriously. For a minute I thought that he was even kidding. But no! There was no trace of humor in his face, it was deadly serious. He really meant what he just said.