42. The fire within me

"I have been waiting for you Rose", a man sitting in front of me at the center of the cleared uneven ground voiced.

"Greg, what happened to you? They appointed Shail to guard me", I complained to him like a two-year-old.

"It's all work of your boyfriend", he said, now getting onto his feet and walking towards me.

"Ex", I corrected him automatically.

"Is it? Is everything really over between you two Rose? Prove it to me", he said, in a fierce voice. "Prove it to me", he said so loudly that I flinched a bit.

"H...how?", I asked him, he was looking unusually terrifying for some reason.

"Burn them", he said pointing at the trees nearby.

"No...", I started declining, but then he interrupted me "Do it now", he said firmly. I wanted to ask him how would be burning the nearby trees prove that there was nothing between me and Adrian now, but I didn't.

"Do it Rose", he said, in a way that brought chills down my spine. "You are a good girl. Won't you listen to me?", he asked me in a husky voice. "Come on show me what you can do", he said with a sly smile.

Something wasn't feeling right.
'No, Rose idiot. This is a part of your next lesson', mini Rose voiced her thoughts.

"Rose this is part of your lesson", Greg answered my doubts.

I hesitated for another second, but then after a brief second, I prepared myself to complete the given task. I had to burn the plants around me? Why? I loved nature. 'Rose focus', mini Rose voiced again.

I closed my eyes and focused hard on channeling my powers right from the core. This was never easy, as I always feared losing control. One mistake and unpredictable things could happen.  "Come on!", I said out loud as I wasn't getting anywhere near touching the Flame.

"You are proving that what your parents did to you was right", Greg said calmly, his eyes twinkling with so much humor. Was he mocking me?

"Don't", I warned him.

"I am not wrong, you are of no use. See how hopeless you are. I now know why the Prince gave up on you too", he said with a sly smile. That's it. Reaching that point was what I have been avoiding all my life. It was like all my pent up anger was bursting out uncontrollably. Before I even realized what was happening, I was already on fire. Fire was everywhere around me, inside me... flowing through my veins.

" I said STOP", I yelled at him, shooting fire from my fingertips at the nearby plants, setting them on fire.

Greg's face was unreadable. A normal person should look frightened, but there he was standing with a broad smile as if he had achieved something that he has been waiting for his entire life.

"Burn them all", he ordered, and I simply followed it. " Remove your anger out, those are your parents...that for betraying you...Adrian...Catherine", one by one he pointed out for me to aim and I followed him blindly like as if I did not possess my own mind.

We are doomed readers...We are. Everything around us was burning...crying. I wanted to stop...stop it, but I couldn't.

"Enough, my girl. Enough", he stopped me. I fell on my knees down. I was drained out and was weak. I was sweating like a pig. I was thirsty. I wanted to sleep. I wanted to be not here.

" Your work is not done yet. You cannot rest now. You will get time for that soon. Get up now", he ordered. I didn't want to get up, and I definitely didn't have the energy to perform any function, but still, I got up, like as if a robot who couldn't deny or neglect a command given.

"Get them back to you. Take the flame back", he ordered.

" I cannot", I managed out weakly.

"Rose, I don't think I will have to keep reminding you of all the things that have happened to you. You deserve better treatment", he said. I wanted to just get done with it. That's what I thought, would happen readers. That this will be over soon, and I will not have to do anything more.

And so I did what he asked me to do. I spread out my arms wide away from me and forced my self to accept all the flame back. The smoke, the dust... the fire everything around me came speeding towards me as I sucked in more and more. My vision started becoming more hazier. The strength revived back and then finally I lost everything...my senses...and my control over my own body, before collapsing down and hearing those fine last words of Greg.

" Thank you for this Rose", he said, laughing coldly. A laugh that echoed back in the silent night. A laugh that resonated in my mind, the last.

**************************************
How is it going guys? I hope you like it.😊. I'm always open to suggestions so feel free to drop them in the comments.

Don't forget to VOTE guys;)