12. Dance Back from the Grave

It's the middle of the night and I'm staring at the wall in front of me. It's pitch dark. Out of nowhere, the lamp on the nightstand turns on and I looked to see Nik who's awake.

"Hungry?" He asks and I shake my head no. "Thirsty?" He asks and once again I shake my head no. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just can't sleep. I feel uncomfortable and I have this feeling..." I said and Nik looks worried.

"Feeling? Are you okay? Is the..."

"Everything is fine." I assured him. "I think. I just have a feeling something really bad is going to happen." I said and he looks at me, confused. "I don't know. It's weird."

"Come here, love." He says, pulling me closer to him. "Nothing bad will happen to you. I'll make sure of it."

"My knight in shining armor." I smiled, sarcastically as he puts his hand on my cheek and kisses me softly.

"I love you, Ava."

"I love you, too."

***

I woke up in the middle of the night again because my phone kept ringing despite me ignoring it. I grabbed it from the nightstand and answered it without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Ava, um... Katherine wants to see you." I heard the other voice said and I recognized it to be my brother's. I looked at the clocked to see what time it was.

"Stefan, it's three in the morning." I said and Nik wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

"I know but Katherine is insisting on it. She's sort of dying."

"Sort of?" I asked, confused. "Is she dying or is she not dying?"

"I'll tell you everything later. Can you come?"

"Fine. I'll be there in a couple of hours." I said before hanging up. I turn to look at Nik and he was awake listening to the whole conversation.

"Are we leaving?" Nik asks and he looks just as sleepy as I am.

"No. We can leave in the afternoon. I'm tired." I said and he smiles as he gives me a kiss before we both went back to sleep.

***

Later that afternoon, I walked into the boarding house to see everyone there and I rolled my eyes. "Oh, great. The Scooby gang." I said, annoyingly as I looked at Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Matt, and Jeremy. "The original Scooby gang was better."

"Sister."

I turn to look at Damon walking down the stairs. "Big brother." I smiled before I rushed over to him pulling him into a hug. Damon and I are actually on great terms now for the first time.... in a very long time.

"Wow." Damon says as he pulls away and puts both of his hands on my stomach. "You're pregnant." He says and I laughed.

"Very pregnant."

"Why are you here?" Damon asks and looks confused.

"Stefan didn't tell you?" I asked and he shakes his head no. I looked at everyone who's watching us, "Um, my condolences for Tyler's death. You're welcome. I have other things to attend to."