15. Le Grand Guignol

(Flashback New Orleans Jazz Club 1919.)
I'm at a Jazz Club and everyone is enjoying themselves. People dance, sing, laugh, mingling and drinking. At the bar, Elijah, Nik, and I turn to observe the scene in front of us.

"Well, this is a first. Werewolves, vampires, witches and dirty cops." Nik says as glances at a group of cops toasting their glasses together and drinking to the occasion. "All happy as clams and drunk as stoats."

Klaus smiles as Elijah orders three shots. "You gotta love this city." The werewolf, Lana, says to us as she walked over to us.

"To a new era! Collaboration in the face of Prohibition."

"To your docks, their booze, and our theatres to hide it under. You're welcome, boys." Lana says and we all happily toast our glasses together and drink.

Nik put his arm around me and smiles at me.

Lana puts her hand over Nik's cheek and we all looked at her as if she's crazy. "Catch you on the dance floor."

I didn't want to kill her in front of everyone because I would ruin what Elijah and Nik had built here in New Orleans. Her time will come soon enough. Tonight.

"Who would have thought it possible? The unification of New Orleans?" Elijah says and Nik put his hand over his shoulder.

"We did it, brother."

Elijah puts his arm around his brother's shoulder and whirls him around to overlook the scene before him, "Oh, certainly, we worked together, Niklaus. But this vision? This was all you."

.

Hours later the bar is almost empty because it's closing this. It's just me, Nik, and the few employees who are cleaning up. I killed the werewolf, Lana, just before she left the bar. I've lost count of how many men flirted with me and Nik has killed. They were bold about it too by flirting with me in front of Nik.

"Are you sure you have to leave?" Nik asks as he pulls me closer to him.

"I'll be gone three days just in time to attend the opera with you."

"Three days? Are you sure you can make it back in time?"

"I'll make sure of it. I'm worried about Damon. I always received letters from him asking how I am even though we aren't exactly on speaking terms. I haven't got a letter in a couple of months. I just want to make sure he's okay." I said and he cups my cheeks as he kissed me, softly.

"I can come with you." He suggests.

"It's fine. Anyways you have a throne to manage." I said and he smiles.

"What will its king do without its queen?" He asks. I never liked being called queen or any other names but when it comes from him I don't mind.

"The king will stay here in New Orleans and when the queen arrives back in town she will meet the king in the opera house and she'll be wearing a very beautiful dress." I said and a smirk appears on his face. "There will be no ripping the dress off."

"We'll see about that."
End of Flashback

***

"I'm not carrying the body." I told Ileana and Hayley. "I'm pregnant."

"Why do I have to carry her?" Hayley asks as she looks at Celeste's body.

"Well, you're the one who's betrothed to one of the wolves from the pack you want the remove the curse from." Ileana says and I give her a look. "You didn't tell her."