14. Long Way Back from Hell

All night and all morning I've been thinking about what happened yesterday night. Memories I got back. What am I supposed do now?

"Ava!" I heard Elijah calling me so I got off my bed and I followed his voice to a room.

"Elijah! You're back. Did you find Nik..." I stopped when I saw Elijah shirtless and covered in tattoos. "...or Rebekah?" I said as I stared at him in confusion.

"What is happening? Since when did you have tattoos?"

"I need you to make a list of these names." Elijah says and walked over to him and began examining the names tattoos across his body. "What happened?"

"What do you mean what happened?" I asked in confusion.

"Celeste told me that Kol had a witch take a memory from you and that he..."

"He kissed me!" I blurted out. "In 1914. After he kissed me I slapped him and I told him that it would never happen again because I love Nik. Then he practically kept me hostage inside that witch's den we always hung out until that witch came. I forgot her name. I am so sick of these witches planting and taking away memories. I told him I wouldn't tell Nik because he would be enraged and possibly kill Kol... daggered Kol or worse. But Kol was all panicky because he knew I would tell Nik."

"How did Kol get the witch to take away the memory?"

"I guess he didn't compel me to forget because he though Nik would dagger him sooner or later... which as you know happened sooner because months later Nik daggered him 'cause of the diamond. He had the witch channel him to get enough power. And then..."

Before I can finish my phone starts ringing and I answered it. "Ava?"

"Stefan..." I trailed off. "I'm sorry about leaving that. A lot has been going on."

"What happened?" He asks, worriedly.

"Oh, you know, the usual. Almost getting burned alive because of the French Quarter witches."

"What!"

"Question; is Katherine dead, yet?" I asked cautiously.

"She is. Why?"

"Uh, no reason." I said. I haven't told him or Damon anything about Ileana.

"Marcel is here." Elijah tells me and I nodded.

"Stefan, I have to go." I said and hung up. I walked around Elijah as continued to examine his tattoos until I read one name on his arm. "Sabine?" I read out loud. "Elijah, what is this?"

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries." Elijah says as Marcel joins us and hands me the paper and pen.

"It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it, and it disappears." Marcel explains to me and I'm still confused.