3. Tangled Up in Blue

I was sitting on my bed reading one of Elijah's journals while eating a croissant. He's still in the possession of Marcel and his little teen witch. Nik promised me that he'll bring Elijah back.

August 1359.

I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister, Rebekah, has grown quite indifferent to brutality. However, the true problem remains with my brother, Niklaus. He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.

"Morning, love." I looked up to see Nik leaning against the doorway with a smile on his face. He's holding a plate and a rose in his other hand. "I brought you another croissant." He says walking over to the bed and I smiled at him. "And a rose."

"Thank you." I said taking the plate from his hands and he sits on the bed. He hands me the rose and I take its scent in. "It smells nice." I said as he smiles.

"What are you doing?" He asks glancing at the journal in my hands.

"Reading one of your brother's journals. Hayley gave it to me." I said as the maid came into my room with a bed tray table with food.

Nik takes the tray from her hands and she walks away. I caught the scent of the food. It was eggs and bacon. I felt my stomach turn so I moved the blanket off of me and ran to the bathroom. Everything I ate last night came out. I felt Nik holding my hair back as I threw up.

"Are you okay, love?" Nik asks with concerned as he rubs my back.

"I thought having a miracle baby would give a pass on pass on pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness but I guess not." I said and he smiles.

Ten minutes later I was still throwing up. I sat on the floor as I waited because I still felt like vomiting. He takes my hand and placed a kiss on it.

"I'm sorry. For everything, love. For thinking for a moment you had been with someone else, for daggering Elijah, for causing you pain, for reacting the wrong way when I found out you were pregnant." Nik says and I can hear the sincerity in his tone.

"There was no right reaction. No one would believe it if they were in our shoes. It hurt more because you thought I was with someone else." I said as he helps me stand up.

As I walked over to the sink and brushed my teeth he continued speaking, "I know you would never be with someone else. I know that... I just— I just don't know what I thinking."

After I was done brushing my teeth I turn to look at him and I put my hand on his cheek and he grabs it as he placed a kiss on my palm.

"I'll consider forgiving you when you bring Elijah back." I said and he smirks as if knew I was going to say that.

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"I don't know. I can barely keep anything down."

"Fruits maybe?" He asks and I smiled. "I'll get it for you."

"I'll be down in a sec. I'm going to change first." I said because I'm only wearing a sports bar and a underwear. He gives me a peck on the lips which surprise the both of us for some reason. I give a small smiled before he left the room.

After I changed into some clothes, Hayley walks into my room looking at me a certain way. "What?"

"You've forgiven him already?" She asks glancing at the rose.