Fourteenth year

Fourteenth year of my life

"I don't think you should be with him!"

"What?" I was surprised by how the mood just turned from good to bad.

"You heard what I said!"

"But why?" I didn't want to get us to be foes.

"He is bad for you." He lowered his voice - a lot.

"No he isn't Shawn. He is the best. Next after you," I knew he was right, bu the actual reason was that I was afraid. I was afraid that if I did break up with him, he would hit me...

"Don't avoid. Since you and him got a thing your perfect grades dissapired, you don't study, you don't have time for anything else than him. I feel like I am loosing you."

"Your right." I admitted. It was crazy how I hadn't noticed. "Thank you." I took a deep breath... I had never told anyone that he was hitting me. "But, Shawn..." I started up, but paused because I did not know what to say. "Uhm... He... I.. Can I show you something? I don't know how to say it.."

"Sure," he nodded and his eyebrows were pulled together in a confussed look that pointed on me. I slowly rolled a little up in my shirt, and i revialed a blue mark. Then I rolled up my sleeve, where another blue mark was planted. "Has he, uhm, has he hit you?" Shawn asked gentle and walked closer to me. I just nodded, bitting my lip, looking at the roof trying not to cry. "You need to tell someone whom can help you."

"I can't..." I just said and looked into the floor, "my mom won't understand, and I bet it will not help."

"My parents will help you, without doubt," he took my hand and walked towards the door.