Fifteenth year

Fifteen years and 214 days

Shawn Mendes, fifeen years and proffesionel singer.
By Anna Foxe Wolfe.

Shawn Mendes has grown up on a calm street together with his family. He has always loved school and music. When he was smaller he never could have imagiened his life like it is now; "To be honest I stil thought I would be in school. I had no idea that my life would have folded out and turned it what it is today. If I got told when I was a smal kid, that I would be driving around in a bus in the USA singing infront of a crowd I would never have believed in that. Never. "

Right in this moment Mendes are driving around in the US, touring together with Austion Mahone. Besides that he is producing his own music, and has also released four songs, where one of them has gotten to the top of the charchs; Life of the Party.

Mendes has gotten popular on the Twitter made app 'Vine' before his carrer started. From one day to another he got a whole lot of followers, because the took a six seconds video of himself singing. It started as just a small thing but then a record label discovered Mendes and he started to produce music.

"In ten years I would like to be doing what I am doing now. Peforming. My biggest hope is that I can continues peforming until I loose my voice as an old man. I would like to - in ten years - be on my own headline tour and hopfully not the first one. Other then that I would love to get to other contries than just Canada and USA. A worldwide headline tour, that is what I hope I will be doing in ten years." That is how Shawn Mendes explain how he would like to have his life in ten years. He is not afraid of what will be coming in the future, but I asked him which state of his life he would like to stay in, for the rest of his life - if it was possible. This was his answer: "It is a hard question because in the future I may not know if I am doing what I am doing today. So I think I would choose the stage I am in now. If I could get promised that I would be doing the same thing in ten years I would choose to be twentyfive, just to get more life expirience."

Mendes is a name people will start to hear more of, because he is getting bigger and bigger from day to day. There is three things Shawn will never let go of, family, friends and music. "I love to play music. Eveytime I am sad or happy and every emotion in between I listen or play music. My whole life would be a puzzle without half of the pieces to complete it. I don't know what I would do without it."

Mendes got the question to where he would like to move if here got the choice. He is what he answered: "Together with my family and friends. Then I would be happy. I really wish I coild bring all of them around with me when I travel but it is a bit hard. Other than that I don't know where I would live. I have not seen enough of the would to decide yet."

After all Shawn Mendes is just like any other teenager. He has a passion for something. The thing that makes him special is that he got the chance to develope himself. Imagen if he had not gotten the oppitunity. Maybe he would still be sitting in his bedroom recording covers of songs to put out on Vine and YouTube. Who knows.