Chapter 15; Phase 3 (Be my Girlfriend?)

Third Person POV

Lucas bounced his leg up and down repeatedly, impatient. He could barely wait any longer.

Oh boy, I hope this isn't too late.

Before long, they reached the Song's house. Two weeks had flown by. Lucas had tried to busy himself by studying ridiculously hard to get his mind off the whole thing, until he finally had to meet her, anyway.

He glanced at the item in his bag. It was the notebook that Yuqi had rejected with the trainers that day, he had brought them again in an attempt to reconcile with her. Except this time, he added something a little extra.

His chauffeur opened the door for him and his family. He ran his hands over his suit and adjusted his bowtie. He has never felt so nervous in his life, not even when he took his final exams. He checked himself in the rear mirror one last time, before inhaling deeply and following his parents.

"What's that in your hands, Lucas?" His father questioned him, raising an eyebrow. "I don't remember asking you to bring any gifts."

I frantically hid the bag behind my back. "Nothing, dad. It's just a little something I brought for Yuqi since we're ... schoolmates and every-everything, you know?" I smiled sheepishly, feeling my cheeks heat up.

His father stared at him for a second longer before turning back around and heading towards the door. With every knock on the door, Lucas could feel his heart beating faster and louder.

"Good evening, Mr. Wong!" Mr. Song greeted with a grin plastered on his face.

"Good evening, Mr. Song." His father smiled, and walked into the house, with his family following suit.

As Lucas walked past the Song family, he snuck a glance towards Yuqi. He was shocked by the intensity in her eyes, so he quickly looked away.

They sat down at the dinner table and went through the same old topics, with mostly the fathers talking. Lucas wasn't paying attention, he could only think of Yuqi. She did look a little uncomfortable, though.

She looks absolutely gorgeous. With her straighter hair and chubby cheeks, damn. I'm damned.

Lucas unconsciously smiled to himself. It wasn't so bad after all, since I get to see her in front of me again.

"What's so funny, Lucas? We're talking about a serious subject here, it concerns the future of our company." Lucas' father interrupted his thoughts, frowning. Lucas dropped his smile and looked up, meeting the gazes of everyone. Yuqi was looking at him with an unreadable expression, and Lucas shrunk under her gaze.

"Err... nothing. Just a funny show I watched this week." Lucas tried to say as smoothly as possible. "Sorry."

"It's okay, just learn how to read the situation alright?" Lucas' mother said kindly. Lucas nodded rapidly and placed his focus back on the food, wanting to get out of the situation quickly.

Everyone brushed it off and continued with whatever they were doing. After the dinner, Yuqi's parents brought Lucas' parents into their study, wanting to show them some statistics or whatever. "Stay here and don't do anything stupid!" They had said.

This left Lucas and Yuqi alone at the dining table.

The air was tense, to say the least. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife. So many unspoken words hung in the air.

Say something, you idiot!

Nothing.

You're going to lose her forever if you don't speak now!