Chapter 9; The Calm Before the Storm

Yuqi POV

12 pm.

"Dude, you're seriously obsessed with cookies and cream, aren't you?" I stared at 3 empty bowls in front of me as Miyeon ate her fourth bowl of cookies and cream.

"Yeah, who isn't? It's the superior ice cream flavor!" Miyeon chirped as she put another scoop of ice cream in her mouth.

"You should stop eating so much ice cream, man. You're going to grow fat! Think about your future boyfriend! What's his name again? Taeyong, is it?" I chuckled.

"Shut up! He thinks of me as nothing more than a friend." Miyeon started to fidget with her fingers and sighed.

"What? No! In, like, the..." Minnie waved her fingers about in the air. "...235 times I've been a third wheel to the both of you, I can assure you that you aren't 100% in the friendzone. Cheer up!" All of us laughed.

"But, Yuqi." Minnie started. "Taeyong mentioned some things about Lucas and his past, I think. Something about him and his ex or something. Do you know anything about it?"

I shook my head.

"Well, I think you should go and find out. Sure, he's cute and all, but I don't know whether he's really that good of a person." Minnie cautioned. "I don't know him well, but I don't want you to get hurt, alright?"

"Will do. Thanks, guys." I grinned half-heartedly. We continued to chat with each other as Miyeon ordered 2 more bowls of cookies and cream ice cream, one of which was shared among all 3 of us, with topics ranging from school to... scrunchies? It sure was interesting and I really had fun with 2 of my closest friends, something I haven't been able to do for a really long time. Afterwards, we proceeded to a nearby carnival to play.

However, I couldn't stop thinking about what Minnie said to me. I don't know him that well at all, but something tells me that despite his "bad boy" and flirty demeanor, he wouldn't hurt a fly... right?

--------------------------------------

Taehyung's POV

I looked at a photo of me and Yuqi at a park and sighed.

"Why do you have to be friends with Lucas?"

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a possessive person. I believe that everyone has the right to form their own group of friends and form their own social circle. But, believe me when I say that Lucas is not a good person. He's messed with the people in my life, and caused great devastation to others. It was not easy for me to learn how to trust people again, much less even begin to like someone again.

However, Yuqi changed that for me. Somehow, that little ball of sunshine managed to brighten up my days again, and taught me how to trust, how to love again.

I'm not ready for Lucas to destroy that again. And I won't.

--------------------------------------

Yuqi's POV

Taetae: Hey

Taetae: Can we talk?

Yuqi: Sure! About what? When?

Taetae: I'll tell you when we meet. Tomorrow 3pm at our usual cafe? My treat.

Yuqi: Nono, you've paid for me for too many times. See you there though!

Taetae: Alright, see you there! Seen

Why is everyone suddenly acting so strangely?

--------------------------------------

Lucas' POV

I'm seriously the biggest idiot alive. I definitely made her uncomfortable, didn't I? But I swear, when we were sitting on the gentle slope that day, it was as if my hand had a mind of its own! Ugh. I'm surprised she even decided to go out with me, though.

I wonder if I mean as much to her and she does to me.

But I really enjoyed myself that day. I found someone like me; and that really comforts me. I sure hope the feeling is mutual. I hate seeing her sad. I will do anything to make her happy as long as I'm her friend.

Friend.

It won't be long until the truth about me is revealed, right? I don't know whether she'll even talk to me anymore.

I hovered my finger above the "call" button on her contact information page.

Please don't go.

--------------------------------------

Taehyung's POV

I drummed my fingers against the smooth wooden surface. I bounced my leg repeatedly under the table. My eyes darted towards every nook and cranny of the cafe.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

I glanced at my watch. 3pm.

I saw a familiar girl outside the cafe walking in.

My heart started to race.

What will happen after I tell her?

A/N:

Shorter update this time. Next update is going to be a little heavier!

Thank you for reading! Do vote/comment as well. I really appreciate the feedback!