Grow up prt 2

I reached in the glove compartment & hooked up the aux cord to my phone . I put the song " try me " by -Dej loaf on repeat & turned up the volume to 56 .My brother eyes were swollen & red. He had bags under his eyes that look like he haven't slept in centuries .

I backed out of the driveway looking left & right to see if any cars was coming .

" Angel I'm hungry " my brother Christopher said while yawning .

I looked at him & tears began to roll out of my eyes . I can't believe this . What if my mama is dead ? That means I'm going to have to look out for my little brother , get a job & go to school .

My phone lit up saying Facetime call from " Mines 🔐👭💍" . I couldn't answer I wasn't in the mood to talk .

After finally getting out of my gated community we lived in . I rode to the nearest Mc.Donald's . I wasn't ready to get out & talk to nobody & face the real world. So we drove through the drive thru .

" welcome to Mc.Donald's , would you like to try one of our sweet Apple pies today ? " A soft female voice came through the microphone .

" Nah , no thanks . " I replied

" go ahead with your order . "

I turned over to my right to look at my brother on the passenger side

" what you want Chris ? "

He turned facing my way sniffling .

" I want a number 10 with a sprite "

I slouched in the driver seat & open my legs a little bit .

" um Yeah , can I have a number 10 with a sprite & a mc.chicken with no mayo , a large fry & a coke . "

" What kind of sauce for the number 10 ?"

" sweet & sour " . I replied .

" okay that would be 11.67 pull up to the first window "

I put the car back in drive & pressed my foot softly on the gas pedal .

I already had a 20 in my pocket .

When I reached the window I handed the money to the lady . She handed me my receipt & I pulled up to the next window .

After finally receiving our food we had a 2 hour & 30 minute drive ahead of us . So i pulled into the parking lot so we can eat . Before I began eating .

I took out the Aux cord from my phone & inserted my headphones in . I decided to hit up Janay line & tell her what was up so she wouldn't think I was avoiding her .

"Hello ? "

" yeah Ma , I was calling to let you know that I got to go out of town on a short notice so don't worry about coming tomorrow . "

" what happened babes ? You sound sad " Janay said worriedly .

" Alright well as soon as you left today my brother got a phone call from my mama job . " I started to break down .

" baby finish it's okay "

" My mother got hit today . They don't know if she going to be alright . They don't know if she's dead or what ."

" OMG are you serious ? I'm so sorry to hear that . No matter what happen baby I'm here for you . I'm going to pray that moms is okay . "

" I L O V E you . " soon as those words came out her mouth I know it was something real .

Even though me & Janay haven't known each other forever I don't even feel like where moving to fast .

" I love you too " I said .

"I'll call you later when I reach the hospital . "

" okay baby , but what hospital is she at ? "

"Trimester" I said.

" okay bye , baby drive safely . "

I hung up the phone & just drunk my coke I didn't have an appetite to eat anymore . My whole word has just turned upside down.