2

Brynn Harris-

My mother died I was only thirteen, as I am now 17 and living with my abusive father. I sit on my bed and start to think about my childhood, and how good life seemed to be.

Flashback-

"Daddy!" I say and run up to my dad, him coming back from a business trip.

"Hello, beautiful princess." He responds to me, picking me up and gives me a small kiss on my forehead.

I give him the tightest hug my little arms could give. "I missed you daddy," I whispered in his ear.

He let's out a soft laugh and puts me down on the ground and grabs my hand. We walk up to my mom and he gives her a sweet, passionate kiss and I just stare at them, smiling.

I grab my moms hand as my other hand was still in my dad's. We walked into the house and started to bake some cookies.

That day was the best day of my life, we were all seemed so jovial. My dad had loved me, and mother was still alive.

Back then, I never had realized to spend every possible moment with your family happily, and not with anger or sadness. Soon enough, you realize that everything comes to an end, regardless of the outcome of how it was going.

I changed into a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, got into bed, and drifted into a deep sleep.

Next Morning

I am woken up by my school alarm, blasting music that I set it to be. You'll never know how much I hate school.

I know what your thinking. 'How Cliché. I know most kids and teenagers hate school, but in my case it's totally different; yet not rare.

I get bullied non stop; physically and mentally. I usually come home with a black eye or bruises everywhere.

The problem was, no teacher or advisor even cared about me; they either just looked at me, or walked away.

I quickly push my thoughts to the back of my head and jump out of bed to get ready for school.

I grab my outfit for the day and run to the shower. I strip out of my sweats and hop in.

The hot water relaxes my muscles, while I seem to stand there for a few minutes. I then finish off the shower by washing my body and hair.

When I am finished, I jump out and get dressed. I picked out black leggings, uggs, and a grey sweatshirt.

I throw my hair into a high ponytail and put mascara on. I remember I still have a small bruise on my cheek from my father. I just leave it be, remembering that nobody will care anyways. I check my phone, and it reads 6:46am. I have fourteen minutes to walk to school.

I only live two blocks away from the building, so I'll take my time and walk to school. I grab my bag and my phone and run out the door, trying to dodge my father.

Six minutes into the walk to school, I bump into somebody and fall right on my bum.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bump into you." I say, shielding my face.

"It's okay. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He says, tapping my shoulder to get my attention.

I look up and take his hand to pull me up and off of the sidewalk. When I get fully on my feet, I brush my bum off with my hands.

I look up to the boy who I had just bumped into, and mumbled a 'thank you' and started walking towards the school again. I hear him run up behind me. I look over next to me and there he is.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." He says, grabbing my hand gently signaling me to stop walking. I turn to look at him.

"I- I'm Brynn." I say quietly, but loud enough for him to hear me. "I'm sorry but I should really get going. I am going to be late for school. See you around." I say and walk off before he got the chance to speak again.When I finally reach the school, all eyes are on me.

-

edit 8/29/15- I don't like how the beginning is starting out, but I am too far in the chapters to re-write it. Hopefully you will bare with me until the chapters get better and more well written. love you all bunches