Chapter 20

"Guess who ordered pizza?!"

Present Mic practically slid into the apartment as his face showed unhidden glee. Whether it was about pizza or something else, Masami wasn't sure. In any case, though, she was completely down for some pizza.

"How much do I owe you?" Aizawa barely glanced at his friend as he continued to watch the news but was beginning to reach for his wallet in his pants pocket. Masami was ready to bring out her wallet, too. Granted, she was having a bit of trouble reaching for her wallet with the cat that now resided in her arms.

"Ah, don't worry about it!" Mic grinned, waving him off. "I got it covered this time!"

Aizawa raised a brow ever so slightly, turning as he looked at Mic. "You… seem to be in an awfully good mood."

Well, Mic was almost always in a good mood, but… well… he seemed to be even more excited than usual. And that was saying something.

"Plus Ultra Studios just called, and- Gah!" Mic yelped at the sight of the black cat laying calmly in Masami's arms. Masami, herself, raised a brow at both Mic's words and yelp. She was pretty sure she had yet to do anything to warrant such a reaction. "H-how-" he stuttered as he pointed at the cat. "He hasn't attacked you yet?"

Masami tilted her head in confusion as she took in Mic's concern. "Why wou-would Kage attack me?" Aizawa's head snapped up, and his brows furrowed as he looked at the confused girl.

He hadn't mentioned his cat's name.

"Because he's a demon," Mic stated with conviction. He was absolutely positive that Aizawa's cat was Satan's spawn. It never did anything but hiss at him, and Mic was pretty sure it tried to kill him in his sleep once. He didn't have any evidence, but why else would there have been cat hair all over his face when he woke up?

Masami looked appalled. "K-Kage isn't a demon!" She defended the purring cat firmly. 

Present Mic only narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the dark haired feline. He wasn't sure what he was up to by acting like a little angel around Masami, but he was sure that he couldn't allow the young girl to be roped in by the demon in disguise.

"Anyways," Aizawa interrupted. He had only rolled his eyes at Mic's accusations. Him and Kage had never gotten along, so Aizawa was used to Mic calling the cat a demon. "What were you saying before?"

He'd rather deal with that than deal with him glaring at his cat.

Mic's eyes suddenly lit up as he grinned, distracted from the previous conversation. "Oh, right! Yui's actually been scheduled to be on my radio show at the end of next week." Mic admitted causing Masami's head to snap over in his direction, an action that didn't go unnoticed by Aizawa

"I see," Aizawa raised a brow, not at Present Mic and his excitement, but at Masami who he noticed had frowned in confusion upon hearing the news and went to immediately check her phone. He wasn't really sure what to make of the actions other than that she was probably hiding something. Though, considering the conversation was just about some singer, he doubted that whatever she was hiding was all that important.

However, it still made him think back to his conversation with Nezu.

*****

"I still don't think this is the best idea," Aizawa grumbled after all the other teachers and Masami had left the conference room before giving a resigned sigh. "Though, knowing you, there's probably another reason you put her under my care. Am I right?"

"It's a complicated situation, but yes," Nezu admitted, not to the surprise of Aizawa. Nezu always seemed to act like this. The mouse-like principal didn't particularly distrust Masami or anything, but she had been raising many flags that brought up certain questions. And Aizawa was pretty sure that Nezu wasn't going to be satisfied until such questions were answered. He knew the man (mouse?) hated not knowing things. "As much as I trust Masami, there are still many unknown and suspicious aspects to her situation. It doesn't help that nearly everyone, including myself, who knew the Hideyoshi's all seem to have forgotten them until Masami herself made us aware of her existence once more."