The Last Hold

Dedicated to SomewhatInsane17
*Thank You For Reading Thus Far*

Blossom's POV

With shaking terrified fingers, I rang Jevan's phone number. He answered after the first ring.

"Baby. I've been waiting to hear from you, are you okay?" he asked me.

"Jevan." My voice broke and he immediately knew something was wrong with me.

"What's wrong?"

"Something terrible is happening. My mom just got arrested and I'm here by myself..." I was in tears again.

"I'm coming to get you right now. I'm already out the door. Hold on. Okay baby?"

"Okay," I responded and waited by the door. The house was empty now. My mother was taken away to the police station without any further details as to what is actually going to happen.

After fifteen minutes, Jevan arrived. I quickly ran into his arms and he gripped me firmly against his chest. Then he opened the passenger door and I got in before he got behind the wheel and drove back to his house.

_________

I stood awkwardly by the 'world's largest table' while Jevan went off to wash his hands.
The Hollens were  about to have dinner and I felt like I was intruding although I shouldn't feel that way because I wasn't a stranger to their home.

A man, that resemble a much more mature version of Jevan, walked into the room. I saw him once before. I knew it was his father.

"Have a seat. Blossom? Isn't it?" His voice was calm yet intimidating.

"Yes sir. Thank you," I responded and took a seat at the far end.

Jada came in afterwards, singing a song with airpods stuck in her ears but when her eyes landed on her father, sitting at the head of the table, she quickly removed them, stopped her music and switched off her cellphone before tucking it in her pants pocket.

Jase entered shortly after. He sat next to his sister.

A rather sweet scent caught my nostrils and I couldn't help myself to turn in its direction. I found Jevan's mother entering with a pleasant smile on her face as usual.

"Ah. Hello Blossom. I wasn't aware you were joining us for dinner." She called to the maid to have another setting laid out in front of me.

Jevan came matching in at last. He landed a quick peck on my cheek and sat down beside me. He took my hand in his underneath the table.

"Mom, dad. I hope you don't mind but I've invited Blossom over for dinner tonight and I was hoping you'll let her spend the night here with us," Jevan said to his parents.

"Is your mother aware?" Mrs. Hollen asked.

"She's.. She's..."I stuttered.

"She was arrested earlier," Jevan continued for me.

All eyes darted to me. And it was at that moment, I realized something. They were all grey eyes, except for Mrs. Hollen's of course. Hers were a beautiful dark brown.

"What happened?" Mr. Hollen asked.

Jevan patted my back gently and I found the courage to speak up.

"I think I was a mistake, however, my mother's jacket contained a diamond bracelet that belonged to her employer. Mrs. Diamond. Brooke's mother. The police searched and found it in my mom's jacket and they arrested her but my mom swear she didn't steal it," I explained.