Truth

This chapter is dedicated to UnicornRoyale1 *Thank you so much for reading thus far and commenting*

Jevan's POV

I was keen on starting my first class at college. September came all too quickly and the change of life, I was finally adjusting to it.

My father pulled a few strings and had a dorm room specially assigned to me and only me. I missed being away from my family and my friends from highschool but such was life.

I tucked my books into my bag, took a deep breath and walked through the door to my first session. Orientation had already occurred a few days ago.

I knew I wasn't going to be handed any special treatments nor was I ever interested in such. I believed in working hard to earn everything you seek.

I sat directly underneath an air-conditioning unit. There was just something about AC that I loved and enjoyed.

"Is this seat taken?" a feminine voice sweetly asked. I looked up and noticed a beautiful girl standing there with a wide smile on her glossy lips.

"No." I adjusted myself up-right as she sat down next to me.

"Hi, I'm Adobi Street," she introduced herself and extended her right hand.

"Jevan Hollen," I said back and shook her hand.

"As in Hollen Tower?" she asked with wide eyes now.

"Yes."

"Oh my God. My mom works there. She says it's the best job in the world and I'm actually following in her footsteps. She's the COO on level five."

"Impressive."

The first class was International Relations and Affairs with Mrs. Sunshine. When it was completed and I was leaving my seat, I was shoved back into it.

"I saw you two already flirting." Brooke stood there tapping her manicure fingertips on Adobi's desk.

"Excuse me, who are you exactly?" Adobi asked her.

"His girlfriend," Brooke replied.

I was startled by seeing Brooke. I never knew she applied for Standford nor taking the same classes as I was.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause any problems," Adobi apologized.

My silence was giving the wrong impression. I wasn't about to deal with Brooke for the next three years.

"Run along now. And if I see you near my boyfriend again, I'll remove all the teeth from the front of your mouth," Brooke threatened.

Adobi practically ran away and I turned to Brooke when my senses resumed.

"What the hell are you even doing here?"

"I'm taking my classes, just as you Jevan."

"Don't bullshit me Brooke. None of your friends got into this school. You wouldn't want to be here without them."

"It's time for a new chapter in my life. A chapter where I can be without friends."

I chuckled. I couldn't believe my ears.

"Jevan, can we at least be friends?" she asked.

"No," I answered.

"Why can't you let bygones be bygones? Is it because of that new girl? Do you like her?"

"She seems nice."

Adobi was nice indeed. She had thick curly hair that reached her shoulders. Her fair complexion matched mine. Her hazel eyes made a friendly impression along with the smile she possessed. She was just overall pretty and already a threat to Brooke.