A Glimpse at a God

Sorry for the long wait.

It has been like 3 days since I posted.

Hope You Enjoy.

Shinobi never slept comfortable enough to snore during missions. There was always an enemy lurking in the shadows and you always had to be on alert. Snoring could alert the enemy of your position. This is why you always had to be as silent as you could be during the night to avoid attracting attention to yourself.

Missions were dangerous. That was the risk of being a shinobi. Death was part of the job, but with Mages, death didn't seem to fit in. Such a peaceful world this was. As a shinobi, they were faced with life-threatening situations in every turn when doing missions, but this world, the threat didn't come too often. Even if it did come, death would be the final.

Would a mage like Lucy survive in the Elemental Nations. Highly unlikely. Without support, she would die. She'd be dead already. Lucy relied too much on her Celestial Spirits. She couldn't put up a decent fight on hand to hand combat against someone trained in the art. That was her flaw and she had to correct it.

She may not die because of it. She has Natsu with her. He would protect her. Naruto didn't doubt that. Nevertheless, training would help her in so many ways. It would save her from pain and other life threatening situations.

In remembrance of the shinobi days, Naruto hadn't slept for too long. He'd slept for a couple of hours and woke up to take up the watch. There were enemies within this Island. That he was positive. He'd sensed them with his rain jutsu. It would be an embarrassment if he was ambushed while he was asleep. For a shinobi, there were few greater shames than that.

The morning had arrived quickly without any hitches, just a few thoughts running through the mind of a god.

''Awake already?'' Naruto asked Lucy, who was walking towards him, yawning slightly as she did.

Naruto was sitting around the ashes that had been yesterday's fire when they were 'camping' out. They'd gone to the resting place pretty late, but no one complained. Hanging out with friends around a fire was nice.

''Its hard to sleep when you're stuck between Natsu's snoring and Happy's fish murmurs,'' Lucy said as she sat down beside the blond.

''Gray seems to have no problems with it,'' Naruto said.

''He must be used to it,'' Lucy responded calmly. ''How long have you been out here?'' He didn't look like he'd just recently woke up - if anything, he seems to have been awake for some time now.

''A couple of hours,'' Naruto said, looking up into the sky. He hadn't exactly kept time as his mind had been occupied with a few puzzles. ''Have you ever thought of training yourself, physically?''

Lucy shook her head.

''You should consider it. Ever wondered what would happen if you were unable to use your keys, and are faced by someone who excels in hand to hand combat? Consider that situation, with Natsu far away from you.''

She would be beaten up good. Lucy didn't tell herself otherwise. Physically, she was weak. She had seen Erza in action and that woman was a lot more physically powerful than most men, yet her body didn't show it. She still looked feminine. could it be the same for her. No, she couldn't like Erza.

''I will,'' Lucy more or less forced out those words. She wasn't sure she wanted to train physically because she had never given it a thought.

''You should,'' Naruto pressed strongly. ''There will be a time you have to fight for yourself, without your spirits or Natsu. At that time, you have to rely on your own instincts. I'm not saying you should engage in training that will make you strong as Erza, but you should do enough to be able to run away and hide.