Chapter 17

Naruto looked at the serious expression on Makarov's face: the old man was dead serious on making whoever had attacked his guild and unforgivably, his dear children, pay for the damage caused.

Naruto understood how the man felt. This was his beloved guild and an attack on his children was an attack on him personally. It was unforgivable. At least no one was killed through it all. If that had been the case, the old man would probably go on a rampage that would only be stopped by one of the Magic Council's weapons.

The attack had truly been unexpected. It just came out of the woods. Naruto couldn't really figure out what Jose was thinking when he initiated such an attack on Fairy Tail. Well, the man was a psycho and a sadist bastard. It shouldn't be surprised that he could order for such a show to take place in the Town of Magnolia.

Gajeel had obviously done this. Given the damage done, it was certain that it was the Dragon Slayer's magic that responsible for everything that has befallen this happy Guild. Naruto couldn't even begin to imagine the kind of expression that fool was wearing when he went on a rampage. Foolish action, and he would regret it.

''Phantom Lord, huh,'' Naruto said to Makarov, surrounded by Fairy Tail Mages.

They all appeared to be ready to march on to Phantom Lord and get some pay back. Naruto couldn't fault them. If this was something new to him, he would have been infuriated and would've been at Phantom Lord by now, causing havoc around the Guild.

But Uzumaki Naruto had seen too much in his life.

''Their Guild Master has always held a strong rivalry between us,'' Makarov said. ''I never thought he would provoke me like this,'' the old man said.

''Well Jose is a bit of a crazy person. I don't like him too much,'' Naruto said. ''But this must be thought first. Simply charging over to Phantom Lord will not be good enough.''

''Where are going with this?''

''The Magic Council already discusses about disbanding Fairy Tail. Any more 'wrong' move in the Guild and it could be disbanded,'' Naruto said.

He certainly didn't want to see Mavis' guild marked as an illegal Guild. It would certainly wound the First. She did love this guild with everything that made her Mavis Vermillion and Naruto was going to ensure that the Magic Council doesn't do something stupid like disbanding the Guild.

He was willing to go as far as to control some members of the Council to stop something like that from happening. But if it could be helped, he was willing to do things without going that far. There was a choice in the matter and Naruto was going to pick it.

''I hardly care for what the Magic Council thinks,'' Makarov said a bit carelessly.

That has always been his motto. Do what you believe in and screw what the Magic Council thinks. Naruto smiled at the thought. The old man stood for what he believed in and cared less for what the Magic Council would think or do about his actions. He wasn't going to stop doing something that was right because the Council would say it was wrong.

That in Naruto's book was worthy of his respect.

''I know,'' Naruto said with sigh. ''But we must not all charge at the Guild like a bunch of savages hungry for revenge.''

''What?!'' Natsu shouted, pushing over the crowd. He grabbed Naruto by the shirt, glaring furiously. ''Are you suggesting that we just stand back and let this slide? I won't listen to that!''

''Such impulsiveness leads only to a reckless behaviour,'' Naruto said calmly, yet very seriously. He then grabbed Natsu by his face, his grip very tight and then slammed the pinkette down the ground with such brutality that he left a dent on the floor. ''Why do you want to do and do something dangerous?''