A God's Imperfections

There she was; the loving redhead S-class mage of Fairy Tail; A truly fiery woman with a tender heart. She had the heart that was seemingly able to shoulder the weight of this country. Naruto liked her. Perhaps his admiration of her was becoming something else. There was no question about it though. If it was a matter of the heart, he would have certainly chosen to come back here to live with her. Perhaps he should have done so and just forget about the grand plans. Did he always have to sacrifice everything for the sake of his dreams? Naruto shook his head. He really didn't know any other way to live except for this way. Besides, he had already initiated things with Hisui, the ball was rolling and something would be done soon. He was in no hurry nevertheless.

Erza was with Lucy and Juvia. Ah, the delightful water user. She had been the one who was sent by Jose to try to recruit him to Phantom Lord. Whatever happened to the master of the Guild anyway? Naruto hadn't heard anything about the twisted piece of trash since his defeat and being kicked out of the Wizard Saints. Naruto shook his head; he shouldn't care about what trash in this world were doing as long as they didn't pose any serious threat to innocent people. There was no doubt though; Jose was an evil sadistic piece of human.

Lucy was the first to notice him. She smiled happily and waved her right hand towards him. The others recognized him. Juvia smiled while Erza stared at him with a schooled expression on her face.

"Ladies," Naruto greeted with a smile. "Juvia, I see you're still delightful as always. If Gray doesn't take you soon, I will have you rain all over me..." he said those words grinning slightly. "Lucy, you certainly fill up on the right places..." he said.

Lucy's response was to both her hands on her chest seeing that Naruto was staring at her chest. The former shinobi merely laughed. "I don't bite you know..." he said.

"You never know..." Lucy said. "Sometimes you do look like you can bite..." She paused and asked. "You have been gone for a while..."

"Juvia was starting to think that perhaps you had quit Fairy Tail," the former member of the Elemental Four said, eyeing Naruto curiously.

Naruto shook his head. "Not at all... I had been preoccupied with other things that I could not leave. But it is good to see that you are well. The attack didn't leave you with scars, did it?"

"I wasn't around when it happened," Lucy said. "We only returned after it had occurred but everyone was fine..." she explained lightly.

"I'm sure you were with your dear lover Natsu on a job when it occurred," Naruto said with a smile, eyes staring intently on his fellow blonde.

"He isn't my boyfriend." Lucy was quick to say.

Naruto put on a thoughtful look on his face. "I heard he was the one who brought you to the Guild and he sometimes even takes showers at your place and even naps in your bed... sometimes even walks in while you are half naked."

Lucy covered her body, "He just lacks manners..." she said.

"Apparently," Naruto said. "Can I steal Erza away from you two? I will return her once I am done talking to her..."

The two looked between Naruto and Erza for a moment before nodding their heads. They departed slowly, leaving the two alone. But once they reached a corner, they disappeared and peeked through to see what was happening.

"You have never been the silent type of person, Erza," Naruto said after a couple of moments of silence. "If you don't say anything, it will make this awkward for me. I already feel bad enough as things are..." he said with a nervous smile on his lips.

Erza raised an eye brow. "You didn't look nervous talking to Lucy and Juvia..." she said in a calm tone

Naruto shrugged. "That was different. They are friends I know and whom I can say things to without getting hit or accused of being a pervert. But now it is just the two of us and it has really been a long year since we last spoke."