Chapter 10

Naruto was walking through the forest within Tenrou Island, all alone searching for one man who could offer him some solutions to the questions that plagued his mind day and night. The man had hundred of years under his belt, so did that man who abandoned him to a fate he didn't choose. No one was more knowledgeable in the world of magic, currently alive, than the Black Wizard, Zeref. There was a lot that he didn't know about the mage himself. Everything was just passed on knowledge that people wrote long ago. Some of it wasn't even accurate, as it appeared. You could never really trust scripts writtern by other people.

The atmosphere within the island wasn't tense as it had been the last time he'd come here when he felt that someone was staring at his back the entire time his feet carried him - it had been like a ghost was watching him with a hardened gaze. The air was welcoming to breath and the wind blew past his body with the warm freshness of the sea that surrounded this place.

As his feet carried him into all directions his mind desired, Naruto's eyes glanced into all directions with his senses firmly spreading through nature to try to get a feel of his target. Unlike last time when he hadn't looked that much for his suspect, this time it appeared that the man was playing the waiting game with him. There was no way that Zeref didn't know he has touched down on the island, he just hasn't bother to come and give him a proper welcome - well, this only applies if the man is even here in the first place.

It would be a real shame if the man has decided to find a new place for solace. He couldn't exactly keep track of someone as big and powerful as Zeref. The man understood magic far better than he did, so playing the magic game with a man who has been alive for over 400 years wasn't going to do him any favors - he would only keep chasing, never afforded the chance to tag in.

After what seemed be at at least an hour of slow and careful searching, Naruto finally found the dark mage, sitting beside a tree, a calm expression firmly masked on his face. ''I have been waiting...'' the dark mage simply said.

Though he hadn't expected the blond to appear before him so soon after his last appearance, he wasn't disappointed that Naruto had come, nonetheless. When they seperated, both had said they didn't hope to see each other soon, but here they were, together, once again in this Tenrou Island. Months to him felt like days, he has been alive for 400 years after all. Even so, a part of him was pleased to see that Naruto had once again returned before him.

''So, it appears,'' Naruto said. His eyes stared at the Black mage for a full minite, unblinking, trying to work something out.

''Ask, if you have questions,'' but that didn't mean that he was going to answer the question. It depended on the kind of answers the blond was looking for, and if the question weren't south, he wouldn't answer it.

Naruto shook his head, deciding to settle down before getting on to the business with the dark mage. His eyes picked up to the clear sky, sun blazing just above his head, whether was cool, tolerable. There were those days that his fury changed the wheather, those days nature listened to him, those glorious days in the Elemental Nations, but now he was past that. He was a mage of Fairy Tail, an officer of the Magic Council.

Naruto's eyes turned to the dark mage: he was looking at him like pieces of a puzzle that was teasing his brain. ''Do I interest you that much?''

Zeref nodded, ''You're not from this world, hold power that I cannot begin to understand, nor measure - since you hide it really well. Not only do you control magic, but you also have another source of power, which is unlike anything I have ever seen before.''

Naruto was settled, he was comfortable with just sitting on the ground, legs folded. There was no threat around him. He didn't see an enemy when looking at Zeref, but he saw someone who could understand him. He knew that the dark mage had the same idea, that they could understand each other. Which was why both were relaxed, no thought of battle in mind, and Naruto had told Zeref more about him than he'd told anyone.