Tenrou Island

Mavis looked at Naruto with a straight look on her face. It has been quite some time since he came to the island. She had been beginning to worry that perhaps something big was happening in Fairy Tail for him to stop with his visits. She had really grown used to having someone to talk to every now and then, so when he wasn't coming, she was felt a bit lonely. There was Zeref, but when Naruto wasn't there, he 'turned off' and became someone she couldn't really talk to. There wasn't much to talk to the man about anyway. Naruto had news about the events occurring in Fiore and her beloved guild.

"I was beginning to think that you had quit Fairy Tail," Mavis said looking straight at Naruto – who was walking slowly under the shades of the trees.

Naruto took a few steps and leaned against a tree trunk before looking at the First Master of Fairy Tail with a raised eye brow. "Why would you think that?"

Well, he had told the woman that he would eventually leave fairy Tail and do something on his own, but that hadn't been scheduled for the days to come and he had informed the woman that he would tell her when he does come to make that decision. There were still battles that he had to fight before leaving fairy tail and things that had to be done. He had yet to even strengthen his position in the New Council. That had to be done for things to proceed smoothly.

Naruto wasn't worried much about that though. He had Lahar in the inside and he was still a member of the Ten Wizard saints as well as a special Knight of the Council. They do call him do handle things that Rune Knights can't handle and there is no necessity to call forth the Wizards saints for their assistance.

Thinking of the Wizards saints, Naruto was beginning to think that the group was only created for the Magic Council to keep those strongest in the Magic World in check and to make them happy with some position. The title was prestigious, but the Council still handled everything. It could be that the Council just wanted to control the strongest. It would be troublesome for them if there were powerful beings that could destroy a country moving around the nations without their mark on them. Those kind of people could turn on them at any time.

Mavis shrugged in response to Naruto's question. "My time living has taught me that you can never be too sure about anything and people always change. One day a person is smiling and the next he is stabbing you in the back."

That was the sort of thing that didn't surprise Naruto. Perhaps now he could even laugh about it. It had been a thing of a daily occurrence in the Elemental Nations. That was the lifestyle of some people and Naruto had seen it all in his yes. It was one of those things about humans that made him think that he wasn't doing the wrong thing. Humans were despicable creatures. But of course not all of them were that despicable. Some were really good people.

That just reminded him of Erza. He smiled when he thought of her. A truly good human. Naruto wouldn't mind if humans such as her were breathing in his world. He wouldn't even mind being stripped of all his powers if he could get a chance to live amongst humans like her. But of course that was just wishful thinking. Light always seemed to cause darkness to appear somewhere in a corner.

Focusing on Mavis once more, Naruto responded. "That happens. We are dealing with Humans after all. They are two-faced creatures who are often selfish in their desires... then again; everyone is selfish at some level. We all do what we think is right not what someone think is right or wrong. Reasons may coincide, but we all do what our heart desires."

Mavis stared at Naruto for a moment before shaking her head. "You walk and look like a human yet at times speak as if you aren't human. Sometimes you think yourself as a human, sometimes as a god. How do you really see yourself?"