The Friends of a God

'Such lively fellows,' Naruto thought as he walked beside Juvia and Gajeel. He was walking towards the Fairy Tail base, where the building was being rebuilt. The fairies were lively at it. No one was slacking off as they happily tried to restore their beloved Guild.

The kind of unity expressed by these people was heart-warming. Naruto envied it. He wished he could be in the same level as them and be able to connect as they could. His hands were full of so much blood, so many people he killed. There were some things he wasn't pure enough to touch or enjoy. Naruto shook his head. What did he ever swallow to ever allow such thoughts to make way inside his head? Was he really this hopeless in his life in this world of Magic?

Mei would certainly be disappointed in him. This was a second chance, not just to make things different, but to live as well. He never did get the chance to live in the Elemental Nations. There was always something. Mei was the only joy. Perhaps he needed more than just Mei. Friends were needed. He'd lost his in the Elemental Nations, couldn't he make bonds in this world? It was possible. Very much possible. He was Uzumaki Naruto after all. Nothing was impossible for him.

His connection with Hisui was proof of it. He could make it and be would if he made the effort.

Naruto smiled slightly and looked at both Juvia and Gajeel. ''You two: go help the others with the rebuilding. I'm sure Juvia will be just fine, I'm not so sure about you...'' he shook his head, looking at Gajeel. ''Oh well, you're not a child. So I don't have to hold your hand.''

''Who ever said I need you to hold my hand?''

Naruto shrugged, walking away. ''I just thought you wouldn't be able to stand with all the nervousness reigning down your system. The girl you hanged that day is staring at you...'' he added pointing at Levy.

Gajeel looked at the blue haired for a moment before looking away. ''Maybe this wasn't a good idea,'' he muttered looking at Juvia.

Juvia merely smiled. ''The first step is always the most difficult. Once we get through this day, we won't have problems tomorrow,'' she said, pulling the Dragon Slayer. ''Come on, now. Let us go to work with the others.''

Having left those two, Naruto made his way towards Makarov who was sitting on the counter of a small stand created for service since the interior of their base was being rebuild. As usual, the delightful Mira was standing behind the counter with a warm smile.

Naruto reached the small counter and jumped over to sit beside Makarov. Something came to mind before holding out his hands together. ''Kage Bunshin no Jutsu,'' he said before hundreds of clones puffed into existence.

If Makarov didn't know any better, he would've spat out his alcohol right now at the appearance of hundreds of Naruto's clones, who all quickly marched out to help with the work being done. Makarov shook his head. A really interesting ability. They were solid clones of Naruto, and to be able to make hundreds of them in the blink of an eye... Once again, the old man shook his head.

''Mirajane Strauss, how are this beautiful morning?'' Naruto asked pleasantly at the white haired Mage.

Mira smiled, saying she was just fine. ''I was starting to think that you wouldn't show up today either. Which would've been a disappointment since everyone was looking forward to seeing you.''

''I had a few things to do this morning,'' Naruto said. ''I was actually out of Town. But I have created enough clones for them to ask anything they want without me having to say a word to them,'' the blond added.

''How did things go with the Magic Council?'' Mira asked curiously.

''Just fine,'' Naruto said. ''They'd already made up their mind when I got there. Perhaps it is just to trap me under their thump, but who cares? I get to do what I love the most and I don't have to worry about them turning their weapons on me since I'm one of them.''