Fairy Tail

Mirajane was wearing a content smile as she entered the finished Guild base. While she was regularly smiling sweetly, her smile was different today, and unlike any other days, she'd come to the guild a bit late to start her duties. But she didn't give it too much of a thought as she was in a really good mood. More than in any other day. The fairies were quick to notice her smile, and just greeted her in happiness. A few guesses just rang through, but no one voiced their thoughts.

When had she felt so alive? Mira couldn't remember.

The night had gone smoothly after Naruto took her away from the royal castle. They'd gone to his apartment within the capital city. A few laughs were shared while they prepared their dinner. As Naruto had suggested, it would be more fun if they cooked together instead of her just sitting back. He had been right. Cooking along with him like a newly married couple had been fun.

It was the most fun Mira had had in many years. Naruto was a good person. He was a good friend. She really did need someone like him in her life and he did need her sweet smiles. Well, he could get them from the Princess if she doesn't offer them. In any case, Mirajane was just happy to have said yes to celebrate the blond's promotion.

''I'm starting to think you did something very pleasing with Naruto,'' Makarov said in a suggestive tone, as he cut Mira from her thoughts.

The white haired Mage blushed slightly, knowing what the old man was suggesting. The perverted old man, she thought holding back from smacking her Master. The only reason she wasn't smacking him on the head was because she had done something pleasing with the blond. Not that it was any of Makarov's business, so she wasn't going to tell him anything.

''Nothing like that,'' Mira said with a smile, but her body language told a different story.

Makarov just grinned, ''So...''

''Don't. I don't even know what you're thinking or want to say!''

''Ah, come on Mira-chan!'' Makarov begged comically. He looked ready to bow just so she could fill him on the details of what actually happened. He couldn't only make images of his imaginations, but Mira's details would give him a clear picture and he was certain the blond wouldn't tell.

''No,'' Mira said firmly.

''Fine,'' Makarov huffed. ''I will find a way to bribe Naruto so that he can tell me,'' he mumbled. ''So, how's your relationship with him?''

Mirajane raised an eye brow. ''Why does it sound like you know something I don't?'' She said to Makarov – who just stared. ''My relationship with him is nothing more than just friends,'' well, they did go past friends last night, but that was just a once thing. ''You think Naruto likes me?''

''You know he does,'' Makarov said. ''Didn't he tell you yesterday?''

Mirajane stared at Makarov for a few moments with a blank expression. She then smiled a bit sadly. ''He did,'' she said. ''But that is that. We are nothing more than just friends And I'd like to keep it that way.''

Makarov didn't question things any further. He just nodded, but he was certain it wasn't Naruto who turned the chance for a relationship with Mira down. It had to be the whitehaired mage who did so. She probably saw things that made her decide otherwise.

''Where is Naruto?''

''I left him sleeping. Had a clone bring me back to Magnolia. He won't come over today though.'' Mira said in a thoughtful tone. ''The event was just to show off the King's precious mage. Most of the governments officials know him. He admitted that he would at some point be made the Princess' knight. They share a deep bond, and he seems to get along with the King.''