Five

6 days before the tour

I was driving as fast as I possibly could to the studio, I fell asleep and completely lost track of time.

The time was 3:15 and I was at least 15 minutes away. I was really hoping that everyone would be too busy to notice I wasn't there.

I tried to calm myself by thinking about how the boys were always late, but I didn't have the authority they did.

I sped up and passed as many yellow lights as I could catch up too.

Many people honked at me and there was one guy in a red corvette that even pointed his middle finger at me for cutting him off.

"So sorry" I mouthed waisting no time passing him.

This seemed to piss the driver off more as he began tailing me in traffic.

This stressed me out even more, as I began to get tense.

The car windows were so tinted that I couldn't see what the guy looked like, which made the whole experience more frightening.

About 5 minutes later the guy backed off because I refused to give him any attention.

I was able to get to the studio at 3:26, I sped so much that it was a miracle I didn't get pulled over.

After I parked I grabbed my bag from the backseat and was about to get out, when a very familiar red corvette parked beside me.

"Oh fuck" I whispered, thinking he followed me so he could cuss me out for cutting him off.

I debated between just staying in the car or just running in quickly to avoid him.

I decided just to stay in the car, I was already late and didn't wanna take any chances.

The door to the red corvette opened and a very familiar blonde stepped out.

It was Vince. He was in his usual apparel, leather pants and an unbuttoned shirt. He had on boots and aviators that he pushed up as he walked to my car door.

Terrified, I pretended I was occupied with my radio. This didn't phase him as he started knocking on my window.

I acted surprised and rolled the window down.

"Oh hey Vince" I say "your not three hours late... yay" I say shakily.

He flashes me with his incredibly white teeth." So your the one who cut me off."

I shake my head "no, no, I've been..." I look around and spot the car phone next to my radio "in the parking lot on the phone, talking to my dad."

I grab the phone and shove it up to my ear "bye dad." I say slowly then put the phone back down.

"Really? Because I distinctly remember the license plate saying 'broadway'" he raises his eyebrow.

"Well that is quite the coincidence isn't it?" I gulp.

He laughs "it's fine Annette, just be more careful next time, you don't wanna piss off the wrong person."

"I'm sorry" I look down "I was running late."

He opens the car door pulling me out, and giving me a big bear hug. "Don't worry babe, I'll just say I held you up."

"Are you sure, you don't have to do that."

"Hey babe these people work for me, don't worry about it." He says letting go of me.

"Okay" I smile.