Fifteen

After the show

"Let's go everyone get inside! There you go!" Fred the head of security said shuffling us into the jet along with some other members of his crew.

Everyone was tired, but wired at the same time. We were moving in a groggy manner, but acting delirious.

A lot of this had to do with all the alcohol before and after the show, but aboard the jet was when the real party started when it came to substances at least.

"Where's the stewardess?" Tommy asked when he boarded the plane.

I was sitting in a seat near the front already drinking a vodka and tonic, while Fred finished boarding people on the plane.

"Back there." I say pointing near the cockpit.

He nods and runs back there to ask for his usual drug of choice, I assumed.

Because Doc still wasn't back from visiting his family yet, the rules weren't as strict on when we had to leave.

When Doc was here we would leave right after the show was over, but lately the band has been inviting girls to their dressing rooms and having mini parties backstage.

It was easy to tell they liked Fred a lot better because he got in on the action, but was still responsible at the same time.

Mick immediately grabbed a bottle of Vodka from the mini bar when he got on board, then went to the back of the plane and began drinking it.

Then Vince boarded the plane with one of the girls from backstage. He took her to one of the back rooms, while Stacey came in behind them looking disgusted and quickly sitting next to me.

The last band member to board was Nikki, but last time I saw him he was outside talking to Fred.

"So what happened between you and Nikki?" Stacey asked after she sat down.

I wanted so badly to be able to talk to someone about this, but I couldn't tell Stacey the whole reason why me and Nikki were fighting in the first place. If she knew I slept with him, she would hate me more than she already does.

"We had words." I say quietly.

"Obviously" she remarks "he was clearly pissed, but why was he so mad at you?"

"Well- um last night." I cough trying to think of something to say.

I had nothing! What could Nikki possibly be so mad about? What was the thing that would make him the more mad than anything.

"Quaaludes!" I almost yell.

"What?" She asks raising an eyebrow.

"There was a girl at the bar last night who handed quaaludes out to the band. I wanted one, but she didn't have anymore so I took Nikki's while he wasn't looking." I lie "Vince saw me do it, so he probably had told him."

This was a terrible lie, but this was Stacey after all.

"So he's mad that you took his quaalude?" She asks.

"Well you know how he can get about drugs." I say.

She ponders then nods her head "makes sense."

"It's time to get the fuck out of here!" Fred says boarding the plane with Nikki behind him.

Fred looks around before he asks "where's Vince?"

"Backroom." Stacey says "with some girl."

Fred groans "I don't know why he brings them in here! This is what the dressing room is for."