Eleven

I felt like my heart was about to jump out of my chest. This was probably the first thing Nikki had said to me since he told me to "fuck off."

I swallowed before I answered "what are you doing here Nikki?"

"I came to see you" he leans on the door for support I'm sure.

"Why?" I ask him still stunned by his presence.

"I miss you." He slurs looking me up and down.

"What are you-um talking about?" I say unsure of myself.

He raises his eyebrows "oh come on, no need to fight it. You know you miss me too."

"Well I don't" I stand firm.

He frowns "not even a little?" He slurs scrunching his thumb and index finger close together.

I shake my head.

I hear the water turn off and Stacey get out of the shower.

"Well maybe I can remind you why you should miss me." Nikki says the tone in his voice rising.

"Not necessary." I say trying to push him out of the doorway, but he's stronger than me so he doesn't budge.

"Oh come on Annette! You weren't saying that the other night." Nikki spats.

I hear the bathroom door creek open behind me.

"Is someone at the door?" Stacey asks her voice barley audible.

"No-" I start but Nikki interrupts me.

"Yes Stacey it's me!" He almost yells.

"Nikki?" She asks "what's he doing here?"

"I'm trying to-" he begins but I cover his mouth.

"He's trying to find the ice machine, but is having a hard time." I say.

What a terrible lie I think to myself.

"Well can you just tell him where it is so he can leave, I don't have any clothes on and I need to get some stuff from my suitcase." She says through the creek of the door.

I keep my hand over Nikki's mouth trying to think of a way to kick him out with out being too obvious.

When he starts licking and moaning into my hand I think of the first thing that comes to mind.

"I'm just gonna show him where it is, then make sure he gets back to his room okay. I'll be right back." I say.

"Whatever." She remarks opening the door farther.

I grab Nikki's hand and pull him out of the room closing the door behind me.

He happily obliges since I was going with him but the problem was I didn't know what I was gonna do next.

I wanted to tell him what an asshole he was. I wanted to tell him that I knew his little game with other girls and that his outburst had hurt me. I wanted to ask him if he thought of me the  same way he thought of Cindy, as a way to pass the time. I couldn't though as he was too high and drunk to even know his left hand from his right.

I sigh "where's your room?"

He smirks "I'll lead the way."

He pulls on my hand guiding me to his room, drunkenly I might add.

He couldn't walk straight and was running into corners causing the journey from my room to his, to be a long one.

He pulled out his key card from his back pocket to try and open the door.