Chapter 30: Beginning Anew!

Cayla stretched out in the waiting room of the Pokemon center, waiting for Serena with the others. Mindlessly, she walked towards Nurse Joy, getting a kind smile as she approached. "Good morning Nurse Joy. Have you found Skiddo's trainer yet?" She asked, knowing that the nurse, with help of Officer Jenny, were working hard to find the Pokemon's trainer after finding out that yes, the little goat had a trainer.

"Yes, finally. He's back there picking Skiddo now." Nurse Joy beamed, nodding to Wigglytuff for the normal type to bring the trainer. "Apparently Skiddo gets out often."

"I'm just glad its trainer was found." Cayla said in relief, though a little sad if she was honest.

"So you were the one who helped my Skiddo." A voice dragged Cayla's attention to a tall man with grey hair, and wrinkles. Beside him was Skiddo, who limped over to Cayla and rubbed against her happily. "Thank you for that. This one loves escaping, but not anymore. My new Furfrou should do well in watching the tyke." The older man rambled, handing Cayla a picnic basket. "Here, take this for all the trouble, I grew the berries myself."

"Oh no! You don't have to do that."Cayla stammered while the man returned Skiddo. "I didn't really do anything, Nurse Joy did all the work."

He let out a loud, hardy laugh and headed to the door. "Aw youngens and their modesty these days. Have a nice day."

Nurse Joy held up a matching basket with a amused smile, showing he did the same thing to her. "Don't worry about him. He brings me berries every time I care for one of his Pokemon, I'm actually surprised I didn't know that Skiddo was his sooner." The older woman hummed, handing a Oran berry to Wigglytuff, who blushed at getting caught trying to sneak one.

Caving in, well she didn't have much of a choice, Cayla bid Nurse Joy goodbye and walked back over to the still waiting group where she situated the berries in her bag(after maybe seeking a berry or two to Dedenne and Pikachu but you can't prove anything!). Finally, Serena came down, and Cayla's eyes widened.

Serena's long blond hair was now short, cut about an inch above her shoulders. Her outfit was far less form fitting, with loose and airy clothes taking their place. She had a long, loose red open vest without sleeves. She had a blue ribbon, setting off the red, white, and pink, tied in the front, and black thigh highs paired with loose brown boots, and a new pink hat. She also was wearing a thin layer of makeup, making her eyes look a bit larger and softer. Over all it looked like she was going for the 'innocent look'.

"Wow, Serena you look nice." Cayla chimed in with the praise of the rest of the group.

"Oh thanks Cayla!" Serena's voice was a tad higher than it was the previous day. She grabbed her hat and did a spin before leading the way out the door. "Okay! Onto Lumious City!"

"Hey! It's my Gym battle!" Ash snorted, running after her.

"Yeah against me!"Clemont grinned, following with Bonnie.

Cayla giggled, stopping at the door. "You guys are going the wrong way!" She yelled after them.

---------------------------

The group found themselves taking a break in the forest. Cayla had Ro out, the Gallade raring to go. Cayla knew they had a strong bond, that wasn't in question, but Ro had just evolved. He was taller, heavier, had more bulk in some places and less in others than when he was a Kirlia. Cayla was not going to try mega evolution without Ro being 150% confident in his newly evolved form.

"Okay Ro, we're going to start easy, with walking, then jogging, and then running." Cayla advised, gently patting his arm since he was now taller than her and it was hard to pat his head like she usually did.

"Is this really necessary?" Bonnie asked, popping up next to them.

"Yes." Cayla said firmly, but her tone was gentle. "When a Pokemon evolves, their body changes, sometimes a lot. Dancing, and performing has a lot of movement, and a Gallade is far taller than a Kirlia. Thats why I want to slowly get Ro back in sync. But trainers should also take this into consideration with other Pokemon, even if there isn't too big of a difference in height there are still changes, like a Grotle to a Torterra. Torterra weighs more than Grotle by about.....470 pounds?, this makes Torterra slower than what the Pokemon is used to and that can make it hard. Its the trainers job to realize this, and adjust their style to the Pokemon. With Ro, he's faster, and taller now so we both have to adjust back to each other." Cayla heaved, a breath, blinking at the eyes that bore into her. She blushed under the attention. "What?"

"That makes a lot of sense." Clemont muttered and finished writing.

"Bonnie can you brush Dawn for me while we train?" Cayla turned away, watching the little girls face light up like Christmas. Bonnie turned around and walked over to the waiting Eevee, who was eager to get brushed. Cayla turned back to Ro and motioned for them to start.

Walking in a natural gate was easy, as was walking in a straight line. It was when they were jogging that Ro tripped over his feet, resulting in Cayla trying to pull him back up too quickly resulting in them both falling. The Gallade hissed, helping his trainer steady. "Gallade..." 'I'm sorry...' He muttered, looking down.

"Thats okay, thats why we're training. Lets go again!" She jumped up, blinding him with a confident smile. She pulled him up and they tried again.

They started in a slow jog up and down the forest, with Ro still staggering every now and then. After the jog was under wraps, they started running. Cayla kept Ro out of his ball for a while and they ran back and fourth up and down the trail. Every time Ro would fall Cayla offered him a hand and they went back to it. When they stopped for the night both trainer and Pokemon sat on the grass, and were immediately thrust into sleep, curled up.

"Well, I saw that coming." Clemont chuckled, starting on dinner. "They've been running around all day after all."

"Should we wake them up?" Bonnie asked.

"No, let her sleep." Serena said, handing a pan to Clemont.

"We'll wake them up when Dinner's done." Ash said, fishing a blanket out of Cayla's bag before draping it over them.

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed, jumping on his trainer's head. Pikachu glanced at Ash's face, snickering at the lost look on the trainer's face.