Chapt 9 - Fierce Corpse 1

Lan Zhan and Wei Ying looked at each other and nodded their heads, as if they were telepathic. The soon reached the Qing Estate. The owner who saw Lan Zhan dressed so elegantly and both Lan Zhan and Wei Ying carrying spiritual swords, he knew that they were cultivators and immediately welcomed them.

As they entered the room, they saw crimson footsteps all over the ground, the garden in a mess. "Ah, last night the fierce corpse managed to jump past the door. I was in the main hall looking at some scrolls when i realised that it kept hopping around the main hall, trying to get in."

While Lan Zhan walked around the main hall, Wei Ying asked "It actually managed to jump past the threshold? Did you notice anything wrong about the corpse last night?"

The owner stuttered "The corpse was... erm... how should i put it..."

"Limping." Lan Zhan said, returning.

The owner nodded his head furiously and said "That's right, that's right. But... how did you know?"

Wei Ying who had been staring at the footsteps then said "The footsteps. A single-legged corpse?"

Lan Zhan nodded his head. Wei Ying then asked the owner "Do you perhaps know anyone who walked on one leg before he died?"

"What do you mean by that?" The owner asked, slightly offended.

WWX: "Ah ah! I don't mean anything. It's just that when a fierce corpse come, it's usually to find a particular person. It might have been someone you knew. Did you know who the corpse was?"

After hesitating for a while, the owner said "No. I didn't see the corpse clearly."

WWX: "I see. Then you don't have to worry for now."

The owner panicked "Don't worry? How can I not? Can you give me some talismans to chase away the fierce corpse?"

WWX: "No, you still have the main hall and your bedroom as a line of defence. There is still no danger. "

"But..." The owner's face was full of worries.

WWX: "Don't worry, we'll be back tomorrow to check."

The owner then reluctantly agreed to wait till the next day.

***

It was nearing evening and Lan Zhan and Wei Ying went off to find an inn to stay at.

WWX: "Old fashioned boy, don't you think that it was strange when he insisted he didn't see the corpse clearly."

LWJ: "Yes, it is."

Wei Ying said "Hehe, great minds think alike!" as they reached an inn. "One room please."

Even though the inn was very busy, the waiter came to them almost immediately. "Yes, Young Masters. Would your like dinner too?"

LWJ: "Yes. Upstairs."

Wei Ying was shocked that Lan Zhan replied. As Lan Zhan headed upstairs, Wei Ying pulled the waiter back and said, "And a jar of your best wine."

The waiter nodded and Wei Ying headed upstairs too. He saw Lan Zhan standing near the door, blocking his way. He pushed Lan Zhan a little and said "Why didn't you go in?"

After looking around the room, he turned back to Lan Zhan who was staring at the bed. He then said "Ahh, there's only one bed. Is that why you're worried? This bed seems quite big. It can even fit three people! We're both skinny enough to fit on the same bed."

Lan Zhan kept silent, thinking 'This Wei Ying actually suggested sleeping on the same bed? I have never shared a... Is it really alright... I should just get another...'

His thoughts were interrupted by two knocks. He turned around to see the waiter carrying two trays of food in. "Two young masters, please enjoy." The waiter then left and closed the door.

Wei Ying immediately ran towards the food. Seeing Lan Zhan still in a daze, he pulled Lan Zhan over and made him sit down. "It's time to eat!"

Lan Zhan looked at the food, then thought 'Eat first, think later'. He also didn't want to disturb the waiter again.

Wei Ying poured the wine and offered it to Lan Zhan, which Lan Zhan rejected again. He wrinkled his face cutely and let out a "Tch." After drinking the wine, he sighed and said "As expected. Now that I have tasted Emperor's Smile, I can't forget about it. Old fashioned boy, you're really lucky you stay in Gusu. What a waste that you don't drink it!"

When eating, Wei Ying occasionally picked the spicy food from Lan Zhan's tray. "Thanks hehe. They gave too little of this!"

Being with Wei Ying for the whole week, Lan Zhan couldn't help but notice Wei Ying always goes for a heavier taste and leaves behind dishes with lighter taste. After finishing his meal, Lan Zhan pointed to Wei Ying's tray and said "Don't waste food."

"Ahhh but it's really bland! It's a wonder you even manage to eat them all. How can you take the tastlessness? It wastes stomach space too!" Wei Ying complained.