Chapt 51 - Why?

While Wei Ying and Lan Zhan were travelling around, Xiao XingChen and Song Lan had found the culprit.

Xiao XingChen had an idea who the culprit might be. The two of them chased after the culprit but instead, was warmly welcomed.

"You're finally here, Xiao. Xing. Chen."

"Xue Yang, why are you doing this?" Xiao XingChen questioned.

"Ask that guy to leave us for a while." Xue Yang said, pointing to Song Lan.

Song Lan hesitated but Xiao XingChen nodded his head, reassuring Song Lan. Xiao XingChen knew Xue Yang wouldn't hurt him.

Xue Yang grit his teeth at their silent interaction. The moment Song Lan left, Xue Yang used hidden ropes to tie up Xiao XingChen's hands.

With his hands over his head, Xiao XingChen was tied and left hanging by the wall, just a few feet above the ground.

Xue Yang then sat on his chair and started fiddling with his sword, JiangZai. XingChen spoke up first. "Xue Yang, why did you do that to all the villagers. You really want to overthrow the bigger sects?"

"That's not what I'm interested in. It's been a long time, Xing Ge. Must your first few questions be related to those?" Xue Yang casually said.

"Those are important, Xue Yang. You can't hurt innocent people." XingChen said, with a serious face.

"So i'm not important? You don't care about how i'm doing?" Xue Yang asked, feeling angry inside.

"... That's not it. I care, but you shouldn't harm the villagers. They are innocent people. What are you seeking for by doing that?" XingChen asked.

Xue Yang smirked, but he was boiling inside. "Innocent people, innocent people. All you care about are innocent people! XingChen, do you still remember when we first met? I was acting as a bully but you treated me well, unlike everyone else. After meeting you, everything changed.

You changed me. So why? Why? If you were going to change me, you should take responsibility! You left me and I went back to my old ways and you try to interfere again? Do you know how lost and upset I was when you left with that bastard Song Lan?" Xue Yang said with anger in his eyes.

"Xue Yang, don't be rude. I didn't leave you. You said you didn't want to go." Xiao XingChen replied.

"Then shouldn't you have insisted on bringing me along? We were fine with how we were but Song Lan just had to take you away. I said no but couldn't you have persuaded me more? Asked me again? I replied you once and you just left! Don't you know I would change my answer if you asked me again?

You just decided to leave me there with a note? Don't you know that if you left, I wouldn't have anyone else to talk to? Anyone else to play with? To care for me? You abandoned me! Like my parents did! Like everyone did!" Xue Yang rambled on angrily. He felt like he was on the verge of exploding. He blurted out everything he had been keeping inside him.

"I'm sorry." Xiao XingChen said. At that time when Song Lan asked him to travel around as roaming cultivators, he was too excited and neglected Xue Yang. There was another reason too.

After he left he kept regretting it and felt that he should have brought Xue Yang along but when he went back to find Xue Yang, Xue Yang had left already. "Is it too late?" Xiao XingChen continued "Let's go. The three of us together. I'll take responsibility of you."

A tear rolled down Xue Yang's cheek even though he was still smiling. "Do you know how much I wanted to hear that 2 years ago? You had been there for me when I needed it but one day someone appeared and you left with him. What about me?! How could you just left me there?!"