Chapt 54 - In Love

"Xiong Zhang" Lan Zhan bowed as he greeted XiChen.

"WangJi, you're back!" XiChen welcomed him with a smile "How was your trip? You were gone for long"

"It was good..." Lan Zhan replied.

"WangJi, if you have something to say, feel free to." XiChen said, noticing Lan Zhan's hesitant expression.

"Xiong Zhang... I... I would like to bring someone back to Cloud Recesses." Lan Zhan said, then continued "Bring him back, hide him away"

Lan XiChen could tell what Lan Zhan was thinking. He was thinking about what to say when Lan Zhan opened his mouth. "Xiong Zhang, please punish me, I have broken a few clan rules."

Lan XiChen was shocked. "Which ones?"

LWJ: "Drinking alcohol, having selfish thoughts, thoughts of hate and jealousness, and..."

Lan XiChen interrupted him. "Drinking alcohol outside Cloud Recesses is fine. Also, it's normal to have such thoughts too but of course, don't hurt anyone with those thoughts."

LWJ: "I talked while eating."

Lan XiChen raised his eyebrows a little and chuckled "WangJi, sometimes I think that you are too hard on yourself. If you go out of Cloud Recesses more often, you'll realise that our rules are just for discipline. You're disciplined enough. There won't be any punishment for that either."

LWJ: "I wrapped my forehead ribbon around that person..."

Lan XiChen was left speechless for the first time. He calmed himself down and responded "Hmmm, bring that maiden back first.

Since you're so serious... about the arranged marriage, i'll try to figure something out. You have to convince ShuFu too. Also, wrapping your forehead ribbon around another isn't against the clan rules. It just shows how important that person is to you."

LWJ: "It's a man."

"..." Lan XiChen was speechless for the second time in his life. He smiled and said "That's fine too. Bring him back. Isn't your arranged marriage partner also a man?"

"Mn." Lan Zhan replied. Even though he has his usual expressionless face, Lan XiChen could tell he was grateful and excited.

***

"What did you say?!" Jiang Cheng asked in disbelief.

"I fell in love..." Wei Ying said, feeling a little bad.

"You have someone you love! Is she very pretty?" Jiang Yanli asked.

"It's a man" Wei Ying corrected her.

"WHAT?! You fell in love and it's with a man?" Jiang Cheng asked, shocked.

Wei Ying simply nodded his head. "The gender doesn't really matter. Your arranged partner is a man." Jiang FengMian spoke up.

Wei Ying then nodded his head and "Mn" with a smile. Jiang FengMian then continued "But... the arranged marriage..."

Seeing her husband act like that, Yu ZiYuan spoke up. "But the arranged marriage has already been decided. Besides, you had given in to this matter at Gusu. If you're still insistent, I can't control you anyway!"

Wei Ying looked down "I... Please excuse me, i'll talk to your later."

Wei Ying needed some time to think carefully. Sitting by his favourite lotus pond, Jiang Cheng came over "That was very sudden. You're being irresponsible you know? Besides, we have already exchanged gifts!"

Wei Ying kept quiet, not knowing what to say, neither was he in the mood to quarrel.

"You like him that much?" Jiang Cheng asked, feeling a little awkward.

Wei Ying sighed "I love him."

"You should have told us earlier! Isn't this too late?! There's only a few months left to the marriage!" Jiang Cheng scolded, then turned around and left.

Wei Ying thought about everything they said. That night, Wei Ying laid in his bed, unable to sleep.

Firstly, his parents were involved in this arranged marriage and they had already exchanged special rings at that time, meant to fulfil the promise.

Secondly, he had the chance to utterly reject the arranged marriage one and a half years ago, before he met Lan Zhan, which he didnt.

Thirdly, both sides had already exchanged gifts and annouced that there is an arranged marriage between Gusu Lan Sect and Yunmeng Jiang Sect to the cultivation world.

If they were to cancel it, this would affect both sect's reputation, especially Yunmeng Jiang Sect's being the one to cancel it. With all these weighing down on Wei Ying, he really didn't know what to do.

Fourthly... *Knock Knock*. Sudden knocks at the door disrupted his thoughts. "Xian Xian, are you sleeping?"

Hearing ShiJie's voice, Wei Ying felt a little comforted. He got up and opened the door. "ShiJie" He greeted, with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Xian Xian, I brought you some lotus pork rib soup!" Jiang Yanli said, bringing the tray in.

Wei Ying smiled at his ShiJie "Thanks ShiJie" Whenever he had little appetite, his ShiJie's lotus pork rib soup would always cure it.

Wei Ying took a sip, then praised his ShiJie like he usually does. "ShiJie, it's the best!" Wei Ying then slurped up the soup he missed very much but at this moment, he didn't miss anything as much as he missed Lan Zhan.

"ShiJie..." Wei Ying called out sadly, tears forming in his eyes as he thought about Lan Zhan. "I really love him. I want to be with him. I miss him so much."

Jiang Yanli felt a little heartbroken seeing her precious brother this upset. She had only seen Wei Ying upset when he was young.

"Xian Xian, why not you run away from here? I'll help you." Jiang Yanli suggested.

"Thanks ShiJie" Wei Ying sincerely smiled. He knew his ShiJie would definitely support him in anything he did or wanted. That was also why ShiJie was the most precious to him. Though now Lan Zhan is as precious.

***NOTES***
DO YOU THINK WEI YING IS GOING TO RUN AWAY??

So... I just found out that Xue Yang is usually the top??? Please tell me which your prefer!!