Chapt 35 - Like 2

Wei Ying was returning to the inn he and Lan Zhan stayed in. He then remembered he wanted to give ShiJie the medicinal pouch but after thinking of Lan Zhan's wounds, Wei Ying decided to hold on to it first.

Wei Ying was skipping along until he paused in shock. He saw a woman carrying a tiny child clinging onto Lan Zhan. Her arms were wrapped around Lan Zhan's neck and her head was burried in Lan Zhan's chest.

Wei Ying's blood boiled with anger. All he could think about was 'That's my spot!' All of a sudden, many thoughts invaded his mind. 'What's their relationship? She's carrying a child too? Why is she hugging my Lan Zhan? Don't Lan Zhan hate physical contact with others? Why isn't he shaking her off? Don't tell me... this is his lover?'

The moment Wei Ying thought that this woman might be his lover and the kid might be theirs, he suddenly felt that he has no right to interfere. It wasn't like Lan Zhan belonged to him.

"Oh ho, Lan Zhan! What's this?" Wei Ying said in a teasing tone, trying his best to mask his anger and jealousness.

Lan Zhan stammered "I'm not sure. I don't know her." All he could think of was 'Wei Ying's not jealous. Looks like he confessed to his ShiJie... He looks happy'

Lan Zhan was returning to the inn when all of a sudden, this woman carrying the child ran out and into his arms. Lan Zhan felt awkward and didn't know what to do. He tried shrugging the woman off but it didn't work.

Hearing that Lan Zhan doesn't know this woman, Wei Ying felt relieved. But he still eyed that woman. How could she take his spot!

Knowing that this woman wasn't Lan Zhan's lover, Wei Ying tried talking to the woman, in his mind it was filled with 'Get away from my Lan Zhan!'

Wei Ying slightly separated them but the woman hugged Lan Zhan even tighter! Wei Ying was so angry. He started fighting with the woman over Lan Zhan. He was pushing the woman away but the woman was not budging and continued to cling onto Lan Zhan

This threw Lan Zhan into confusion as he watched the two people having a tug-of-war fight around him. He froze on the spot, not knowing what to think of this.

Suddenly, a man ran out of the inn. He paused in shock then quickly said "Qing Qing, i'm sorry. I was at fault. Come back okay?"

The woman looked at the man, then tore away from Lan Zhan and lept into the man's arms, crying even harder.

Wei Ying saw and immediately jumped on Lan Zhan like a koala bear. Lan Zhan was so confused. Wei Ying didn't know what he was doing, only following his mind which was still filled with thoughts of the woman taking his spot.

Wei Ying got off and immediately dragged Lan Zhan back into the room. He immediately tugged at Lan Zhan's clothes, trying to take it off.

Lan Zhan who was confused and shocked, let Wei Ying did what he wanted. Wei Ying took off Lan Zhan's shirt, leaving Lan Zhan in his inner robes. Wei Ying then jumped on Lan Zhan like a koala bear again.

"... Wei Ying... what are you doing...?" Lan Zhan asked.

Wei Ying tightened his grip around Lan Zhan and burried his head against Lan Zhan's neck. After a moment of silence, he said "I don't know."

"..." Lan Zhan didn't know what to say.

"Don't let anyone hug you like that woman did just now" Wei Ying whispered.

Lan Zhan asked "Why?" while wrapping his arms around Wei Ying and carrying him to the bed to take a seat.

"Don't. I don't like it." Wei Ying said, feeling a little relaxed after Lan Zhan wrapped his arms around him.

"Why?" Lan Zhan asked again.

"I... don't know, I just don't like it! Don't do it." Wei Ying repeated.

"What happens if I do?" Lan Zhan asked.

"DON'T!" Wei Ying exclaimed, raising his voice a little.

"Wei Ying... do you... like me?" Lan Zhan asked. He was confused by all of what Wei Ying did but like how he didn't want to see Wei Ying getting close to other people, maybe Wei Ying felt the same.

Wei Ying lifted his face and looked at Lan Zhan. "I... I..." Suddenly, Wei Ying's face turned redder than ever. Wei Ying couldn't think.

Wei Ying hurriedly tried getting off Lan Zhan but Lan Zhan immediately used one hand to hold his back, making him stay in the same position and the other grabbed Wei Ying's face, so Wei Ying couldn't look away.

Wei Ying's mind was still blank, filled with Lan Zhan's voice asking "Wei Ying... do you... like me?" The more he tried thinking, the redder his face got.

Seeing Wei Ying's reaction, Lan Zhan's lips curled upwards. He became braver and more confident. He asked again "Wei Ying, do you like me?"