Chapt 44 - Wei Lan Town 2

Another stall owner replied "Yea. But... even though he bully us, he is actually trying to interact with us. He doesn't get violent till someone humiliates him."

Seeing others nod their heads, Wei Ying asked "What do you mean?"

The stall owner replied, "His parents were very kind and loving towards him. You could say that he is the most spoiled person we ever seen. After his parents passed away, he shook off his responsibilities as a sect leader, and often went about fooling around. He looks down on people and demands them to serve him. If he were to be humiliated... like before..."

"That time was bad. He was so angry. He was humiliated outside, and there was a huge crowd but he couldn't do anything. Afterwards he brought his whole sect to hunt that person down and gosh, that person was left crippled!"

"He never touched us if we didn't embarrass him or try to teach him."

"Yea, so you should be careful and leave soon. Their sect is quite big. Besides, i'm sure he is very angry as you humiliated him right in front of the person he likes. See that lady having her meal there? He has been courting her for a few years!"

After hearing these, Wei Ying thanked them and walked away with Lan Zhan. "Looks like he doesn't hurt the villagers and they are used to it. Should we get involved?"

"Wait and see" Lan Zhan replied, while grabbing Wei Ying's hand. Wei Ying got flustered then decided to tease Lan Zhan. "Lan Zhan, you're so daring"

"Mn" Lan Zhan replied which only made Wei Ying speechless. Even though some people gave them looks of disgust, some girls squealed and some whispered while pointing towards them, Wei Ying was happily jumping about as he liked that Lan Zhan held his hand in front of everyone.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan headed to a restaurant nearby. As they were about to enter, the people from Ling Sect came out. The leader gave Wei Ying a hateful glare and spit towards his foot, which Wei Ying avoided.

The leader grumbled "Just you wait and see." before walking away. As Wei Ying was feeling happy and very hungry, he decided to ignore the leader and let him off.

When they settled down, Lan Zhan ordered many spicy dishes and Wei Ying was very excited, finally able to eat spicy food.

During the meal, Lan Zhan scooped the spicy ones for Wei Ying and noted which dishes he liked more. Wei Ying saw that Lan Zhan gave him all the spicy food and decided to scoop some for him too.

However, Lan Zhan looked at it without eating. "Lan Zhan, you're not eating what I scooped for you?" Wei Ying pouted.

Seeing Wei Ying's face, Lan Zhan decided to give in and take a bite. He hesitated a little when he brought his chopsticks closer to him as the spicy smell had already attacked his nostrils. Closing his eyes, he took a bite.

Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan who kept his eyes shut. He thought '??? Why is Lan Zhan not opening his eyes?' Then he saw Lan Zhan's fist clenched and trembling, his face turning red.

When Lan Zhan opened his eyes, it was a little bloodshot. He immediately grabbed his cup and gulped down his tea. As it wasn't enough, he drank Wei Ying's tea too. As it still wasn't enough, he hurriedly poured more tea into both cups and gulped them down.

Wei Ying who was stunned started laughing. This was the first time he saw Lan Zhan acting so... ungracefully... at the dinner table. "Lan Zhan! You can't take spicy? That was one of the least spicy dishes! Hahaha"

Lan Zhan felt a little embarrassed and said "No talking when eating"

However, Wei Ying couldn't control himself and continued laughing. He only stopped when Lan Zhan grabbed onto his hand while continuing to eat.

Wei Ying smirked and teased "Lan Zhan, you didn't have to order so many spicy dishes just for me! Besides, it isn't good table manners to use one hand to eat"

Lan Zhan grabbed more spicy food and placed it on Wei Ying's plate. As he couldn't think of what to say, he decided to keep quiet. Wei Ying knew that Lan Zhan was speechless and chuckled to himself.

After their meal, Wei Ying sighed in contentment as he felt full eating all the spicy dished alone. He pecked Lan Zhan on the lips and grinned "Thanks for the meal."

Lan Zhan replied with a slight smile then grabbed Wei Ying's hand and started walking back to the inn.

"Ahh! Lan Zhan! Wait! I think I drank too much tea and wine! I'll use the bathroom, wait here, i'll be quick!" Wei Ying said as he hurriedly turned around.

LWJ: "I'll go with..."

"No need! It's just round the corner!" Wei Ying shouted as he ran back to the restaurant.

Wei Ying felt relieved once again, coming out of the restaurant. However, as he was about to walk away, he was stopped. There was a huge crowd of people. He saw the Ling Sect Leader stepping forward.

"What do you want?" Wei Ying said, frowning at him impatiently. Night time was his special, quiet, peaceful time with Lan Zhan.

"I told you to watch out" Ling Sect Leader said as he gave a signal and everyone from the Ling Sect attacked.

Some of them weren't too bad, like Ling Sect Leader, however they still weren't Wei Ying's match. Wei Ying could probably handle 30 of them but with the whole Ling Sect with over 50 people coming at him at once, he was having a little trouble coping.

All of a sudden, he was blacked out as the leader stunned him with a taser. "Hurry and drag him to the forest!" Ling Sect Leader commanded.

This had attracted a mini crowd but everyone was too afraid to stop him. After all, the Ling Sect was technically in charge of Wei Lan Town and it wasn't a good idea to anger Ling Sect Leader.

Meanwhile, Lan Zhan was still waiting, wondering why Wei Ying was taking such a long time.

***NOTES***
Let's assume they had a taser back then.