Chapt 56 - Yi An Hill

When Wei Ying was nearing the top of the hill in Yi An, he saw Lan Zhan standing there. The person he's been wanting to see for the past few days. It had been torturous not being by Lan Zhan's side.

All the cells in his body pushed for him to run to Lan Zhan, to talk, touch and be with Lan Zhan. However, he bit his lips and held back. He sat where he was, silently watching Lan Zhan's back.

It was nearing night. Lan Zhan sat at the top of the mountain, seemingly no intention of going down the mountain. Wei Ying just continued watching him.

3 days passed.

None of them ate or drank anything. Lan Zhan was still waiting for Wei Ying. Wei Ying was still watching Lan Zhan. He wanted to watch Lan Zhan as long as he could.

"It's been 3 days, don't you know..." Wei Ying stood behind Lan Zhan, determined to tell him not to wait any longer. He couldn't bear to see Lan Zhan staying here any longer, waiting for a man who might not come.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan said loudly with a hint of excitement, cutting Wei Ying off. He immediately threw his arms around Wei Ying and embraced him tightly.

"Why... Why are you still waiting..." Wei Ying stuttered, his whole body trembling, embracing Lan Zhan with all his strength. He's been wanting to do so ever since he saw Lan Zhan standing at the top of the hill.

LWJ: "Why would I leave without you?"

WWX: "Why didn't you go get food or water?"

LWJ: "I wanted to eat with you."

WWX: "Lan Zhan, you... if I didn't come after so long, you should have just left."

LWJ: "If I left, how am I supposed to contact you?"

WWX: "There's no need to."

LWJ: "Wei Ying?"

WWX: "Haha, you still didn't realise? I've been messing with you. I just wanted to see your reaction when I leave you waiting like that. Who knew you would wait here for 3 days? Quite the loyal man huh."

LWJ: "Lies."

Wei Ying pushed himself out of Lan Zhan's embrace but Lan Zhan refused to let go. After struggling for a while, Wei Ying gave up and remained in Lan Zhan's embrace, head leaning on his chest.

"Stop it, I was really messing with you. Let me go. I'm sorry okay? I didn't know you would wait for so long." Wei Ying mumbled, knocking his head lightly on Lan Zhan's chest several times.

LWJ: "Stop playing around. Where are we going next? Let's go to my home first. I want to introduce my older brother to you. Oh, wait. Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?"

Wei Ying was a little surprised that Lan Zhan said so much. Wei Ying guessed that Lan Zhan was getting anxious and was trying to convince both of them that Wei Ying was lying.

WWX: "I'm not playing around. You really didn't notice me messing with you? You're so gullible. I'm not going with you. I'm sick of playing with you already. In fact I found someone better!"

Lan Zhan shouted: "LIES! Stop it Wei Ying. I don't like this kind of joke."

Wei Ying got a shock as he had never heard Lan Zhan raise his voice. "I'm not lying, in fact I'm marrying him soon. It was decided even before I met you. He is very handsome, no one can compare to him. He has a lot of money, but it's fine even if he didn't. He is also..."

"Stop!" Lan Zhan cut off Wei Ying again.

"I'm not done. He is very caring and loving towards me... and it's so cute how he expresses them with his mini, little actions... I have a lot fun when I'm with him
... I can live with him forever. Most importantly... I really really love him." Wei Ying said, almost choking on his words.

LWJ: "... Say it while looking at me"

Wei Ying, with his bloodshot eyes, stared into Lan Zhan's eyes. With much difficulty, he uttered, "It's true." Although in his heart, he thought 'It's true, it's just that I'm marrying a guy I don't love.

I was describing you, how much I love you and I'm not done describing how perfect you are. You're staring in my eyes. Can you tell that the one I love is you?' He was voicing his thoughts in his mind so loudly that he almost blurted 'I love you. I want to run away with you.'

Lan Zhan was staring into Wei Ying's eyes. 'Tell me it's a lie, it's a lie' He desperately thought. After hearing "It's true", he felt needles poking his chest and throat. He almost teared up.

Both of them were fighting back their tears. Both of them felt heartache. Both of them didn't want to leave each other.

Sensing that Lan Zhan loosened his embrace, Wei Ying grabbed the chance. If he didn't do it now, he wouldn't be able to. "Don't bother looking for me. This is goodbye." Wei Ying said as he broke free from Lan Zhan's embrace and ran down the hill.

Lan Zhan only stared at Wei Ying's disappearing back and whispered, "Lies."

Lan Zhan stood there for a long time, then finally dejectedly headed down the mountains, still not believing what Wei Ying had said to him.

Suddenly a maiden came up to him. "This handsome man, are you by any chance "Old Fashioned Boy?"

Remembering that Wei Ying gave him that nickname, Lan Zhan immediately nodded his head "Yes!"

The maiden then revealed somthing in her palm and said "Here, a man left this for you. He also wants to pass you a letter.", then she bowed and walked away.