chapter 2

Hi kitties

Vidhi

I don't know how long I cried but I know that I cried a lot last night, and when I looked at my reflection, my eyes were red and all swollen. I was just so sad and in grief that I never realized when I fell asleep. But now, a new day has come and I know what I have to do. I wore my formal dress to get ready for the office but in reality I have a uniform and just like my father I am an IPS officer. But I haven't yet told my mother what I am doing, for her, I am a civil engineer. When I don't know 'c' of civil engineering.

I came downstairs and went towards the kitchen and did not find my mother. I went towards her room and checked her. She was still in bed. I went towards her and found she was still sleeping. I smiled and sat beside her.

She never usually sleeps till this time.

I checked her temperature and it was quite hot. I checked the time and I have half an hour before I reach my office. I quickly pull out the ice and a cloth and put the cold wet cloth on her forehead and she opens her eyes.

"What are you doing here honey?" She asked in a tired voice.

"Just came to check on you." I said and smiled.

"I am fine." She said and I shook my head. She really works hard to the point that she is falling ill.

"Mom you are not and you are not going to the office today." I said stubbornly.

"No, I have to manage something today." She said and I shook my head but soon realized that she is more stubborn than I am and she will not let me stop her at home.

"Okay fine but you are going to rest and in half a day you can visit your work. Fine?" I said to her and she nodded. I quickly give her the pills so that her fever can go away.

I took her phone and called Mr. Prakash. He is the owner of the hotel in which my mother works. He is so friendly and a nice person and he is just 10 years older than me and has a very beautiful wife and a cute little daughter. He pick up the phone after a few rings.

"Hello Mr. Prakash." I said.

"Yes, Mrs. Bhardwaj" He said,

"I am Vidhi." I said.

"Oh Vidhi! How are you?" He asked.

"I am good. I have to inform you that my mother is suffering from a mild fever and she won't be able to join now but in half a day she will join. Is it okay?" I asked him while explaining the situation.

"Of course it is okay. She has to be fine before coming over here. Her health matters before work." He said and I smiled. He is an understanding person and he has also helped us many times. He is like a family to us and I am grateful that my mother was able to meet such people.

"Thank you very much for understanding." I said.

"No need to thank me. I will meet her in another half day. Till then tell her to take a rest." He said and I chuckled.

"Will do that." I said and hung up.

"See Mr. Prakash had given you permission to come in the other half. So till then rest and I will try to come home soon." I said and she nodded. I come out and go towards the fridge and take out bread and butter and some juice which mamma always puts in so that even when I am hungry I could eat something when she is not around. I quickly put the butter on the bread and ate two butter sandwiches and drank the juice.

I heard a car halt which indicated that Sonia had come. I quickly took my bag and opened the door. I saw Sonia's car and went towards it.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning Vidhi." She said, At work she is my best friend with whom I can be myself, there are others too but with her I am someone else. She doesn't know anything about what happened to me six months ago and I do plan on telling her, but whenever I see her energetic form, I don't get the strength to ruin it. She drove the car and we reached the office before the time. Our boss hasn't arrived yet and that is great. I quickly went towards my desk. I saw Garv.

"Hey Garv, what is going on?" I asked him. He looked at me with tired yet serious eyes.

"Nothing much, a murder stopped from happening. Those two people are caught and are behind the bars and I am happy about it." He said and smiled. He is a very content person. Even if you give him a small amount of food and rest is eating in large amounts then also he doesn't feel discontented. Helping is his first priority and that makes him on the post where I am and I believe he doesn't need this job. Even if he becomes a leader without any force he can have millions of followers including me too.

"Hmm..." I hummed. " Has our boss arrived?" I asked him and he shook his head. I sighed

"Do you have some work with him?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Sir has arrived." Ashish said and we looked at the direction from where sir was coming and we all greeted him. After 2 minutes he went into his cabin and I looked at the cabin and after a few minutes I went towards his cabin. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard and twisted the door knob and entered the cabin.

"Good morning sir." I said

"Good morning. Why are you here?" He asked

"Sir, I want holidays for 2 weeks and 3 days." I said and he looked at me for a while and was kind of ready to get the rejection. After all you are an IPS officer and 2 weeks aren't really a short time.

"For what?" He asked

"I have to attend my friends' wedding which is held in Delhi. After this week I want a holiday." I said and he thought for a while which kind of gave me chills, though whenever someone asks for a holiday, until they have a valid reason, none can get one.

"Fine, you can take it." He said and I was shocked. I didn't expect him to give me permission that easily.

"Thank you very much sir." I said and was about to leave when he stopped me.

"Wait Vidhi, some people will join you." He picked up the call and called someone and ordered them to call Garv and Sonia inside his cabin. I was there for a good one minute when they both entered.

"Guys, you are granted two weeks and three day holidays." He said and I was shocked again and if they would be joining me too that means that this is not just a holiday but a mission.

"Why sir?" Garv asked.

"You are attending a wedding ceremony with Vidhi. After this week." He said and both Sonia and Garv nodded and then they both gave me a brief look before turning their head to our boss.

"Guys this is not just a holiday but a mission." His eyes then went on mine. "We found him, Vidhi and he is in Delhi." He said and I was again shocked. Today really is a shocking day. He is in Delhi. I balled my fist and was ready to put this fist down to his throat.

"Thank you so much sir, for finding him." When I got this position, I had one time appealed for finding this person. At first no one was ready to hear me, but this boss of mine heard me and helped me find that person. This person is somehow related to my father and his death, which I came to know later on through one of my father's ex-colleague. As boss started to investigate him, there were many illegal deeds of his, which came to light yet many are still under the dark.

This is just not the wedding to attend but a war to begin.