Chapter 28

Hi kitties

Nikhil

I was holding Vidhi's hand and was ready to face my family. She was clutching over my arm and I looked over and smiled.

"Nervous?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Your dad doesn't like me at all and above all you had to marry Bhoomi not me and my mother is also there. I am hell nervous." She said and I chuckled.

"I am here." I said and put my other hand on her hand and she smiled a little.

"I think you haven't done anything. It was fate and fate wanted you to be together with him and that you are now. You both are together." Ashish said and I smiled.

"Now don't be nervous. You were meant to be mine and you will remain mine till the end of my last breath." I said and gave her a light squeeze on her hand. I held her hand and went in front of the door and took a deep breath before I rang the bell. We four had come. I am quite nervous too but I now know that Vidhi is with me and no one can take her away from me now. My mother opened the door and when she saw me she hugged me at once and let a few tears shed on my chest.

"Mom, I am home now." I said and she clutched on my sherwani. We didn't get much time to change our dress. Vidhi was still in her wedding dress.

"Come inside." My mother said and held my other hand and took me inside. Everyone was present over there. All of my relatives were present there. I sighed.

"Vidhi." I heard Vidhi's mother's voice. She came and hugged Vidhi at once.

"Mamma." Vidhi said.

"Are you okay? Did Manish Verma do something bad to you?" She asked and I looked at her. How does she know that Manish Verma was the one who had kidnapped me.

"Mamma he had done nothing. I am fine. " She said.

"But why are you in this dress? This is a wedding dress." Her mother asked.

"Of course mama, it is a wedding dress." Vidhi said and her mother looked at me.

"You too are in wedding dress but Garv and Ashish are in their casuals. What is going on? " Her mother asked me.

"I have to tell you something." I said and every eye was on me only.

"What is it son? " My mother asked.

"Vidhi and I got married." I said and I heard many gasps.

"What? This is impossible." I heard my dad's voice.

"Dad, it is not impossible. Vidhi is my wife now." I said and looked at him, he was having an angry face.

"How could you get married to Vidhi?" He spat and Vidhi held on to my arm. I looked at her.

"Keep your distance from my son. I don't accept that you are married to my son. " He spat again.

"Dad she is my wife and she has every right to me like you both have." I said.

"Mom, dad and everyone present over here I want to tell you something. I know my and Vidhi's sudden marriage shocked you all but the truth is this only that I love Vidhi more and I don't have courage to marry Bhoomi whom I see as friend only.

If I hadn't taken the place of Ashish then, I wouldn't be able to get Vidhi today. Maybe today I would have lost her permanently. Dad I don't know what is your problem with Vidhi but it is final that I love her and now she is my wife. And I don't have any intention to leave her at any cost." I said and he looked at me coldly.

"It would be better if you leave him and never come back. Bhoomi is going to be my daughter in law and that is final." Dad said and I was annoyed by his action.

"She is just like her mother. She had taken away my son from us and now she had taken your son from you." Mrs. Bhardwaj says. She is my maternal aunt's mother in law.

"She is literally just like her mother. When they love something they snatch them away." She said, I looked over Vidhi and she was looking sad.

"Please grandma. She has already come from something she didn't experience before and now by your words you are hurting her more." I said and she was shocked.

"See, she has changed him so much." Grandma said.

"Mamma." Vidhi called her mother who was sad as well.

"Mamm why don't you tell us about why you ran with my father. I know your nature. You can't do something which is not appropriate. And how do you know Manish Verma who kidnapped me. He had said that by getting me married to Ashish his long awaited mission will be completed." Vidhi said and her mother didn't say anything.

"Mamma, today please say something. Your silence is making everyone aggressive over here. I know that you know what Manish Verma is and why he kidnapped me?" She said and I sighed

"Mamma you know that? Yes or no" She asked.

"Mamma, say something." Vidhi said and she sighed.

"Mamma today your silence is making everyone feel that we snatch those things away which we love." Vidhi said and I was shocked to hear her words. No doubt that everyone here is making her mind go weak.

"No, Vidhi it is not like they think. We know how to keep them protected but not snatch them away" Her mother said.

"I do know why Manish Verma was behind you." She said and I was curious about the story she was going to tell.

"Then tell everyone mom. Why was he behind me?" Vidhi said and her mother hugged Vidhi before she started with her story.