chapter 4

Hi kitties

Vidhi

I woke up and saw the clock and it was 4 in the morning. I sighed. When will I get a peaceful sleep. I always wake up at 4 in the morning. Even before someone wakes up. I looked around myself and found an unfamiliar room. I panicked for a while before everything rushed through my mind. I was trembling inside to face him again. I was scared that the pain I was carrying would come out. I sighed. As I am unfamiliar with the locality so I didn't try to go for a run. I came downstairs and saw Nikhil's aunt was awake. I went towards her.

"Good morning." I said and she looked at me and smiled.

"Good morning dear." She said and I looked at her.

"What are you doing in the morning?" I asked her.

"I was not feeling sleepy anymore. So I just come downstairs but why are you awake at 4?" She asked back.

"It is my daily routine to wake up at 4 in the morning and I used to run nearby but as I am unfamiliar so I can't run. I had come to make the coffee." I told her and she nodded.

"Do you know how to make it?" She asked me and I rubbed the back of my head.

"Actually, I am not used to being in the kitchen, so I don't know many such things even though they are simple to make. So you can say that I am practically illiterate in cooking" I said and she laughed at it.

"No problem till you are here I will make sure that you at least know how to cook some simple food." She said and I smiled. She looked at me for a while then started to make the coffee and I looked at her carefully as she was instructing how to make it. After a few minutes the process was over and she poured the coffee in two cups and gave one to me. I sat on the kitchen slab as usual. Mamma used to cook and I sat on the slab and saw her doing the work.
I drank the coffee and realized that this coffee was so close to the one my mother makes.

"You made the coffee just like my mother." I said and she smiled.

"Your parents haven't attended the wedding?" She asked.

"Mamma can't come because she was busy with her job but after this week she will come." I said.

"What about your father?" She asked and that made me stop from sipping the coffee more. I was debating whether to tell her not. I look at her and by her behavior she looks like she will not judge me.

"My papa is no more. 15 years ago he met with an accident and couldn't survive it so from then on my mamma started to take care of me." I said and her facial expressions changed.

"I am so sorry." She said and was looking sad.

"No need. Even though not more than one third people know that papa is not more and I request you please don't tell this to anyone." I said and she smiled.

"Fine I won't tell this to anyone." She said and smiled and it was very bright.

"Thank you Mrs..." I stopped.

"Mrs. Nikita Chauhan." She said and I smiled. "But you can call me aunt." She said and I nodded and smiled.

"Thank you aunty for the delicious coffee." I said and then something struck my mind. " When will the rituals start ?" I asked her.

"After 2 days." She replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because some guests are still coming and till tomorrow everyone will come." She said and I nodded. I come to my room and take a shower and then brush my teeth. I wear a v- shaped t-shirt and black jeans and a leather jacket as the winter season is arriving and the weather is also cold.

I looked in the mirror and decided to keep my long black hair open. My hair just stops below the elbow. I wore my watch and saw the time it was already 5. Sonia was still sleeping. I came outside and saw that almost few of the people had woken up.

"Good morning Vidhi." I turned around to see Garv. He had already taken a shower and was looking dashing in his shirt and jeans. He too was wearing a jacket..

"Good morning Garv." I said and we came downstairs. I saw aunty was also ready and was wearing a yellow saree.

"Vidhi!!!!" Someone squealed and it almost burst my ear. I looked around and saw Bhoomi. I have known Bhoomi since our school time. Afterwards, she went to study abroad.

She was wearing a suit salwar. She was looking very gorgeous. I wear traditional dress sometimes. As I am always handling some kind of cases , dealing with them in traditional dress is not so good.

"When did you arrive?" She asked.

"Last night." I replied and she nodded.

"By the way, congratulations. You are getting married." I said and hugged her and from her back I saw the person for whom I had sacrificed everything but he left without any warning. His eyes met mine and he was looking at me with some emotions which I wasn't able to catch. I broke the hug and smiled at Bhoomi.

"Breakfast is ready." Aunty shouted and we all sat in the dining area. We all settled down and saw everyone was present.

"OH Vidhi when you arrived? " Nikhil's dad asked.

"Last night." I replied.

"OH..what are you doing these days?" He asked.

"Cleared the IPS exam 6 months ago and now I am an IPS officer legally. And this is my partners Sonia and Garv." I introduced them and he nodded. For some reason, I have always felt that he doesn't like me that much.

"Papa, can we go to the movies today?" Bhoomi asked her father.

"Yeah why not. You can take my car." He said and she shook her food.

"No papa. I want to go into the Jeep which I saw yesterday. It was great." She is talking about my jeep.

"Fine you can." He said and she smiled. Father and daughter relation share something that can't be described
I was missing my papa. Does he really have to leave me when I need him most?