Chapter 26

Hi kitties

Vidhi

So today I am getting married to Ashish. Though how badly I wanted to marry Nikhil. Ashish said that he will do something and he has a plan to stop this wedding. I am putting all my trust in him now. I don't know what he will do.

I looked up and saw my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing a red lehenga which is a wedding dress. I wanted to wear this dress to my wedding but I didn't think that my marriage would be like this. I had tried so much to say no but they sent some ladies who had forcefully made me wear this.

Though this dress is beautiful, it is making me wonder again and again if I deserve this. I don't know what his mission is. I want to know and maybe my mother knows something as sometime I had heard her saying this name. I have to do something before something else happens.

"Now it is time for you to go." One lady said and I looked away.

"What an attitude." She said and I didn't look at her.

"Come with us with your will or else we won't be having the problem of dragging you down." She said,

"I don't want to go. Please leave me alone." I spatted.

"Show this attitude to someone else." She said and grabbed my hand and started to drag.

"Why don't you leave me alone? " I asked her.

"We wish we could. But see our fate that we have been given your responsibility. Now don't talk much and come with us." She said and forcefully started to drag me. The dress was also heavy which was also making my energy drain out.

"Please leave me. I don't want to marry." I said but her hold got tightened only.

"Don't argue young lady. You have to marry him by hook or crook." She said and again dragged me. I was feeling hurt by this continuous pulling. She had brought me to the pavilion and made me sit around the sacred fire. Why am I even here?

"Get ready to become my daughter in law soon Vidhi." Mr. Verma said in my ear and it sent chills through me. I glared at him.

"Oh little Vidhi, focus on your wedding." He said and I couldn't say how much I am feeling hatred now. I want to kill him with my very own hand. I looked over Ashish but his face was covered with the flowers which were hanging in front of him.

The priest started to say the mantra for our wedding. From inside all I was doing was praying that soon Ashish will do something and would bring us out from this trouble. I had never thought that I would have a wedding like this one. I don't want to get married to my friend as it will only disturb our relationship. I am totally helpless now. I sighed.

My mother was very happy when she was coming to meet me but now her happiness along with mine is soon going to be in the dust. I don't know what will happen if this marriage happens. I was on the edge of crying but I held on. I have to fight this situation. I know Ashish also doesn't want to marry me. So he will do something to stop this wedding. But my instance is saying that this wedding is definitely going to happen.

"Please stand up." The priest said and we stood up. I know what this will bring. If we take the seven rounds of this sacred fire then we will become husband and wife and every round contains a promise which is taken by husband and wife. These promises are very special to couples. And I don't know what they will mean to me.

"Please take the round of the fire." He said and Ashish grabbed my hand. His hand sent something inside me and I could feel that it was familiar. This touch is familiar. Is the groom Nikhil? I don't know but if it is then I am very happy. I could forget everything but I can't forget how his touch makes me feel alive. We started to take the round of the fire. Soon it came to an end and I still have a doubt if he is Nikhil or not? I am wishing that he is here and near me.

The priest gave the bridegroom the Mangalsutra and he wrapped it around my neck and then the priest gave him vermilion which he fills between my parted hair.

"I now announce you as husband and wife." The priest said and I looked down. I don't know in the coming time if I will be able to meet my mother or not.

"Congratulations Mr. Verma. You got my two friends married without any trouble." I heard Ashish's voice and looked up and found him with Garv. They both were holding the gun. If they are here then is Nikhil really beside me?

"If you are there than who is beside Vidhi." Mr. Verma said. I went towards him and unfold his face and saw Nikhil who was smiling ear to ear. I quickly hugged him.

"You have taken a long time to come over here." I said and tears were falling down my eyes.

"I am sorry that I have taken so much time to find you. I had told you that we are destined to be together and see we are together." He said and held me tight.

"You have done a wrong deed, son." Mr. Verma said and was searching for something.

"Are you looking for this?" Ashish asked and I looked at him and he was holding a gun.

"You. get the guns out." Mr. Verma said. Nikhil held my hand and smiled at me and stood up along with me and started to take me towards Garv and Ashish. I hugged Garv who patted my back.

"Everything is fine." He said and I nodded.

"Vidhi take this gun and show them how strong you are." Ashish said and handed me the gun and I took it happily. I indeed wanted revenge from them. I aimed the gun and started to fire. Though I haven't killed anyone but at least made them unstable for a few minutes.

"Please take everyone from here." Garv said and soon enough the police force came inside and took all of them from there. I was glad that the nightmare had finally come to an end.