Prologue

Third P.O.V

"Hey Rus!" America exclaimed as he saw Russia at his locker. "Come on, let's go!" America smiled eagerly. There wasn't one day where they didn't walk home after school together.

Strangely, Russia didn't respond. This got America worried, "Bae, are you okay?"

Russia sighed as he slowly turned around. "Look, America, I..." he paused, as if wondering how to continue. "I don't think we're fit for each other."

Almost instantly, America's heart began racing. "W-What? Babe, what are you trying to say?" He asked, although he already knew the answer.

"I... I want to break up, okay?" Russia exclaimed, sounding angry.

The minute the two words 'break up' came out of his mouth, everyone around them turned around to see what was happening. The couple which were perfect together were breaking up? But why?

That was the exact question on America's mind. "But why? H-Have I done something wrong? If so, you can tell me, we can fix-" "Just shut up." Russis cut him off harshly.

America took a step back, tears threatening to pour out. Never had Russia been this cold to him before.

Russia glared at him before his expression turned to one of sadness. "I don't like you, okay? I... I lied. I had no feelings for you from the very start."

Russia saying that was the exact same as putting a knife through America's heart. Actually, America would've preferred the physical pain, because that would've been more bearable than the pain in his heart right now.

America was trembling. Tears had started to pour out, forming a waterfall. He was in disbelief. This couldn't be possible. After everything, all those moments, it was all a lie? "N-No... it can't be..."

"It is and I'm sorry." Russia said monotonely before turning away and walking out of the school gate.

Everyone was shocked. Never in their wildest dreams had they imagined them breaking up, or even having a fight. They were always happy when they were together.

Well, I guess that changes today.

America fell to his knees. Tears dripped from his eyes onto the school floor. He paid no attention to the people around who tried to comfort him, saying the usual stuff like 'It'll be okay', 'You'll find someone else and you'll be just fine', 'I know you loved him but it's over', 'You'll get over it'.

Hearing all that wasn't what America wanted.

He wanted his lover back.
_______________________________________________

Publishing this to make up for not knowing what to write for Please Remember Me chapter 19 lol-

Might not update this often