Chapter 4

Third P.O.V

Yes, today was the day. This was what America kept telling himself as adrenaline ran through every single one of his veins. For the first time in more than a month, he was going to talk to Russia. He didn't care if Russia didn't want to be near him, they were both going to have to face this.

America woke up extra early. His parents were already at work but Canada wasn't awake yet. He knew that it would be a while until Russia left the house but he just couldn't stay in bed.

He paced around in the living room, trying to kill time. When that didn't work, he tried playing a game on his phone. That didn't work as well since he couldn't focus on the game. All he could think of was Russia.

As he waited, he suddenly recalled Canada's suspicion yesterday. He might stop America from going out. America couldn't allow that.

He went to the kitchen and gobbled up some plain bread with cheese before heading out. He would tell Canada about his success later.

Russia wouldn't be leaving his house for another twenty minutes. America took that time to go to the beach.

Why the beach, you ask?

Well, it was the place Russia confessed his feelings to America.

America stared at the morning sun. On the fateful day, it was a setting sun. It made the moment all the more beautiful.

He remembered how cute Russia was that day, with his blushing face and cheesy words. He stuttered so badly, America almost felt bad for him.

America's heart felt as if someone or something had lifted it into a place of bliss, somewhere he wanted to stay forever. He was jumping up and down as he repeated 'yes' over and over. He and Russia would no longer have to hide their feelings for one another.

It felt like the beginning of their happily ever after.

That's why it came as such a shock to America when Russia decided that happiness just wasn't for him.

It was such a perfect relationship. Neither forced the other to do anything for their own gain, they helped each other with their weaknesses and overall simply made one another happy.

America wiped away the tears he hadn't realised were flowing down with his sleeve. Russia may have hurt him but he loved Russia all the same.

"Just you wait, Russia. We'll be together once again."

America checked the time with his phone. Russia would be heading out to the café soon.

America briskly walked to Russia's house. He was just in time to see Russia and Ukraine leaving their house. Once he was sure he wouldn't be seen, he went after Russia.

Russia went into the café as usual. America followed him inside and chose a seat that allowed him to get a clear view of him.

Although he didn't eat much earlier on, he did not feel hungry at all. His determination took all that hunger away. Still, he ordered a drink so people wouldn't wonder why he was in a café when he wasn't eating anything.

He sipped his cup of coffee as he stared at Russia, he couldn't take his eyes off him. He was going to talk to him later today. There might be a tiny bit of chaos, but in the end, everything would be back to normal.

He finished around the same time as Russia did and followed him out the café, always being sure to keep a distance.

How he wanted to run up to Russia and talk to him right this instant. It had been a desire of his for quite a while. Nevertheless, he knew he would have to wait. Patience was key.