Chapter 10

Third P.O.V

It had been 4 days since America had first started locking himself in his room. He did come out from time to time to eat a small snack or drink some water, but that was only when his family was asleep.

He was practically lifeless in school. He didn't focus during class which caused him to get scolded by some of his teachers.

But he didn't care. He couldn't bring himself too.

His mood hadn't improved.
Everything still seemed meaningless.

It was on the fourth day that his family and friends decided that enough was enough. They had to take action.

All of them, America's parents included, discussed a plan. Once they were ready, UK made his move.

UK knocked on America's room door.

"America, I'm coming in, okay?"

Not expecting a response, he twisted the door knob and the door opened. It appeared that America hadn't bothered to lock the door.

UK found his son lying curled up on the bed, his back facing him.

"I think we should have a talk. Do you mind if I sit on the chair across from you?" UK's voice was gentle in an attempt to make America feel more at ease.

"...no." America mumbled so softly that it was barely audible.

UK turned the chair to face America as he sat down. After making sure he knew what to say, he took a deep breath and spoke.

"Look, I know you went through a breakup and it must be hard for you. But I want to assure that you won't always feel this way."

"...how do you know that?"

"Because I've been through it before."

Hearing this, America sat up. UK's heart sunk a little when he saw his son's face. It was obvious he hadn't gotten much sleep.

"What do you mean? You and mom had a perfect love story."

"That may be true, but she wasn't my first love. I had been in quite a few relationships before I met her and each time one ended, I wanted to give up on love. I just didn't want to try anymore. I can only imagine what you're feeling right now."

America's eyes went wide. For the first time since this breakup happened, he felt understood.

"I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that you're a strong person for making it this far and I'm proud of you for that. There's nothing wrong with you and you're allowed to be sad. It might take some time for you to heal, but you're not alone in this. You have me, your mother, your brother and all your friends here to listen to you whenever you need it."

America's lips quivered. Those were the words he needed to hear for so long.

When he heard his father say that he would be here to listen to him, he couldn't keep his emotions in anymore. He had to let them out.

"It's just... so p-painful. I truly believed t-that we could make it work. I could see a future for us. But now, I've been thrown away as if I were some... piece of trash. I felt like I was being treated like dirt. I loved him with all my heart, so why did I end up abandoned? Why did he choose her over me? I didn't do anything wrong, so why? Why did everything take a turn for the worse? It hurts... so much..."

Burning tears overflowed from America's eyes. This was the first time he was venting to someone about his feelings. This was the first time he let it all go free.

It made him feel a little better.

UK stood up and sat next to America on the bed. He pulled America into an embrace.