Chapter 9

Canada P.O.V

Germany's suggestion caught our attention. We had all thought of that, but hadn't figured out how.

J:Cheer Ame up? How?

G:I'm not sure. All I know is that I can no longer stand to see him so... miserable.

C:I can agree with you on that. It hurts to see that Ame is neglecting his own health and it's beginning to worry me.

P:Do you think he'll come out to eat soon?

C:I don't know and that's what scares me.

G:Maybe you should tell your parents about it? It might help if someone who has been through a breakup helps America talk about his. Unless, your parents are each other's first loves.

C:I never thought about that. I should probably ask them later.

P:Do your parents know about what happened? The breakup, I mean.

C:Yeah, it was hard to ignore the ushanka he wore all the time. I'll tell them about Germany's idea when they come back for dinner.

P:Idk if you should, tho. He just came face to face with a painful truth, I'm not sure if he even wants to see anyone. Maybe we should just give him some space?

J:So which idea is better?

G:I don't think we can be certain. We won't understand America unless we experience what he's going through. Japan, did any of your friends go through a breakup?

J:A few, yeah, but they all broke up since both parties lost interest. They agreed it was for the best unlike Ame's case.

C:Maybe we should combine both ideas? I could wait a few days and if he still hasn't eaten anything I'll get my parents to talk to him.

P:Yea, that's good

G:I'm fine with that.

J:Okie, btw, I may have an idea for how to cheer Ame up, but I'll tell u all only if the other ideas don't succeed

So, that's all for now, I guess. I wish we could do more but we don't even know what to do.

America...

From the couch, I looked up towards his room door. I wanted to go in to check on him, but I knew I would probably be hit with a loud 'leave me alone'.

I felt so useless. I'm supposed to be his brother, but I can't even make him feel better.

I sighed. There's no point beating myself up. America's the one I have to focus on now.

I heard the sound of keys jingling and the front door opening. Mum and dad had come home.

"Good evening, Canada." Mum greeted warmly.

"Where is that brother of yours? Out finding trouble again?" Dad half joked.

I bit my lip. Looks like I have to deliver the bad news.

"Uh... He's in his room, actually. He kind of shut himself off."

"What?"

"Why?"

Dad and mum asked their questions at the same time. Out of all the responses I could've possibly given them, this was probably the one they least suspected.

I did my best to explain the situation, especially since I didn't know exactly what happened. Only America could tell us that.

Mum and dad seemed to be at a loss for how to react. They didn't say anything, all they did was stare wide-eyed at me.