Chapter 11

Ukraine P.O.V

No.

No no no no no no no no.

Why is this happening?

Why...?

"...Ghk... Hhh..."

"Russia?!"

Russia began to pull at the rope like he trying to free himself. His eyes were so wide open that they looked as if they could pop out.

He's still alive.

He's still alive!

I can save him! I have to save him!

I have to pull him down, I-

No, wait, if I do that, I'll snap his neck...

God damn it, what should I do?

My thoughts are a mess, I can't think of anything!

Fuck fuck fuck.

If I don't do something now, he's going to die in a matter of minutes!

That rope is suffocating him.

I have to find some way to get him to breathe.

Breathe...

That's it!

I have to lift him up!

I duck underneath him and place his legs on my shoulders so he was sitting on them and lifted him up.

Relief washed over me when I heard him desperately gasp for air. "I-It's okay, Russia, just breathe..."

He began to go limp from unconsciousness which almost caused him to fall off my shoulders. I quickly used my hands to support him. I absolutely can't drop him, I'm not going to risk losing him again.

The rope... I have to cut off the rope...

I opened the drawer next to me and rummaged through the books and papers in it.

Come on, please, I need to find something sharp in here...

I felt something sharp almost slice my hand. Looking closer, I could see a razor blade and a pair of scissors.

I shivered at the sight of them.

What did Russia do with these..?

I shake myself out of my thoughts. That isn't my main worry right now. I have to get Russia down.

I snatched up the scissors and began cutting the rope. The rope was annoyingly tough, it would take a while until I could cut through it.

I still have to call an ambulance. His neck is undoubtedly badly damaged. It's best if I call them as soon as possible.

...my phone.

Shit, I dropped it in my room.

What am I supposed to do now?

I don't know if I should wait until I finish cutting through the rope to call them. It could be too late to fix any irreversible damage.

An idea clicked in my mind.

Dad.

I could ask dad for help!

"DAD!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, hoping he could hear me all the way from his room.

Thankfully, he did. I heard his room door creak as it opened.

"Ukraine? What on earth are you doing up so late?" He called.