Chapter 1: North Carolina

•Chloe's POV•

(A/N: The girl that I want to play Chloe is Carlson Young. She is from the MTV series Scream based on the Scream movies.)

I can't believe it has been two months already. I don't want to leave all my friends to move to a "better house" where my mom can have a "better job".

I love where I live and I don't want to leave. I grew up here and made so many memories just to leave it all behind. But I guess I don't really have a choice.

I have lived in Arizona my whole life and now I'm moving to North Carolina for a whole new year and a time for making new friends. I don't want new friends. I want to keep the friends I have now.

"I'm going to miss you babe." My best friend Elizabeth whispered before pulling me into her grasp.

"I'm going to miss you too." I whispered into her ear.

I was on the verge of bursting into tears. I didn't want my best friend to see me cry the last time I get to see her before Christmas break.

"Chloe it's time to leave. Say goodbye to Elizabeth then it's time to go!" My mom yelled as she put the last few things we had in the house into the back seat of the car.

"Bye Lizzy. I'm going to miss you." I said to her as I gave her one last hug.

"I'll see you later babe. Call me when you get to the new house." She smiled, trying to look happy that I had a fresh start.

When the car started, I could feel the tears building up in my eyes. I attempted to pull myself together. It won't be as bad as I'm making it out to be.

*

"Look Chloe! Isn't that beautiful." My mom yelled waking me up from my peaceful sleep.

"So I wasn't dreaming." I groaned trying to make it sound like I hadn't been crying in my sleep, but i'm sure my mom noticed my puffy, red eyes.

"Baby it's going to be okay." She said attempting to lighten the mood.

"You will have plenty of friends." She continued, "After all, you know how to pick the right crowd of friends." I usually hang with the good influences just to make her happy.

After my dad died when I was 10, my mom just hasn't been the same. This made it my responsibility to keep her happy.

Hey guys! Short chapter, but you should still comment and vote anyway! Thanks babes😘

-B🌺