Chapter 4: Exploring the Town

•Chloe's POV•

I had finally finished unpacking all of my clothes and all I had to do now was fix my bed, take a shower, and get my school stuff ready.

I only have tomorrow then it's time for a fresh start with new friends and a new school.

I walked into the bathroom and started the water so that it would be warm when I got in. I walked out of the bathroom, and went to my closet. I grabbed my batman shirt and my black sweatpants then went back to the bathroom. I undressed myself and jumped into the warm water.

Once I was finished with my shower, I got out and dried off. I was now ready for bed.

I jumped under the covers only to be disturbed with my mom calling me downstairs. It was 9 pm. Why did she have to wait until I was comfortable to need me?

I jumped up from my bed and ran downstairs. "Mom what is it?" I asked as I got to the living room.

"Oh Chloe it's the neighbors. They want to know if we will have dinner with them tomorrow night. I was wondering if you were okay with it." She asked with a smile on her face.

"The neighbors? As in, the Grier's?" I panicked. I just hope it's different neighbors.

"Yes of course. Why? Do you not want to go?" She asked, now frowning.

"No, no I'll go. It's just I met Nash earlier this evening and I don't think he likes me." I lied. It was actually me who didn't want to be around him, not the other way around.

"Okay, it's settled. We are having dinner with them tomorrow night." She said clearly excited.

I walked upstairs to get back into my warm bed. I laid down and not long after I was already asleep.

***

I was awoken by shouting next door. It was Nash and some other boy his age playing basketball.

Of course, just my luck that the bedroom I chose had to be the perfect view of Nash's room. In fact, it was right next to his room. I could see his room from one window and from the other window I could see the basketball court behind his house.

Now that I was wide awake I decided to get dressed. I went to my closet and opened it to see what I wanted to wear today. I finally chose a black crop top that said "TØP" on it in white letters and I chose some high waisted skinny jeans. I looked around for my shoes and now that I thought about it, I never unpacked them.

I walked down stairs and found the last box that said "Chloe's Shoes" on it and carried it upstairs. I opened the box and my shoes were revealed. I decided on wearing my white converse for today, so I just sat my other shoes down in my closet.

I took my clothes into the bathroom along with my shoes and sat them on the counter. I got my make-up, hairbrush, straightener, and everything else I needed to get ready.

Once I had everything I would need, I put my clothes on and decided on something simple. I wasn't going to worry too much about make-up today so I just put on some mascara and eyeliner, which is mostly what I wear anyway.

I slipped my shoes on and brushed my hair then my teeth.

I looked into the full body mirror and decided I looked okay. I wasn't the type of person to tell myself I'm hot, but I also didn't tell myself I was ugly. I was okay with how I look. I can't change my appearance, so I might as well embrace what I can get.

I walked down stairs and found that my mom wasn't up yet so I ran upstairs and got some paper and a pen. I wrote on the piece of paper, "Mom, I'm going for a walk to see what the town looks like and try to make a friend or two so that I know somebody from around here. Love you, xoxo Chloe." I then put the note by the coffee maker, which would be the first thing she looks for when she wakes up, and I was out the door.

I noticed Nash and the guy he was playing basketball with were walking out the front door, I suppose to go for a walk too. I don't need to avoid Nash because I have to see him tonight anyway.

"Hi Nash." I said as I passed him.

"Oh, hey Chloe." I could hear the guy whisper something to him while he looked at me.

"By the way, this is my friend Jack. Jack that's Chloe." Nash said, finally speaking up. Jack and I exchanged our hello's then I was off for my walk, without any distractions.

I walked into a store to sit down for a moment, just to see if I could make a friend or two. As it got later into the day I noticed it was almost 1, so I decided I should get home because my mom should be awake by now.

As I got up I bumped into someone. "Oh my bad." I said as I looked up.

"No it's totally okay." The boy chucked.

"Well let me start this off by saying, I'm Chloe Roberts." I held my hand out for him to shake, which he gladly accepted.

"I'm Shawn. Shawn Mendes." He said with a sweet smile.

"I'm actually new in town. Do you think you could show me around, if it's not too much trouble for you?" I asked, hoping he would accept.

"Oh yeah, of course. I would love to show you around." He said as he turned to walk off with me.

***

"So that's about it. This town isn't necessarily huge." Shawn said laughing.

"What school are you going to go to?" He asked. Finally I'm making a new friend!

"I don't know really, but I'm going to the same one as Nash Grier. If you know who that is." I said hoping he knew him.

"Oh yeah so we will be at the same school. If you want we can hang out some other time, only if you want to though." He said.

"Yeah that means I finally have a friend." I said with a smile.

***

I arrive home to see my mom wearing a button up shirt, jeans, and converse. I was confused as to why she was dressed up when I remember the dinner.

I run upstairs and change into a band shirt that said "The Offspring", black skinny jeans, and converse boots. I didn't want to get dressed up so I decided this would work.

The dinner goes by just fine, except Nash staring at me and him smirking when I catch him. God, he makes me so uncomfortable.

"So how do you like it here so far?" Nash's mom asks me and I smile at her.

"It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I just never wanted to leave everyone I knew back home. I'm terrified of change and that made the move really hard on me." I tell her and she flashes a warm, welcoming smile, unlike Nash's horrid smirk.

"I can tell that you're going to love it here," she reaches her hand out and places it over mine, "Sometimes change is a good thing. Good things always come when something bad is happening. You'll find happiness in this town."

I really think I'm going to like writing this book. I like it so far and I hope you guys do too. Also, I'm starting the next chapter off as "two years later" because the story at the moment is when she first moves in so I don't want to make most of the chapters be about when she gets there I want to push it on into the story so that it will be better. Im so sorry about the short chapters before this one, that's why I made this one longer.

Comment and vote babes💕

Love you guys😘

-B🌺