Chapter 2: "I'm Nash Grier"

•Chloe's POV•

When we pulled in the driveway, I saw that the moving truck had already unloaded our belongings and put them in the living room.

As the two men pulled out of the driveway, my mom waved goodbye to them then walked into the house.

"Woah! This house is huge mom!" I said and I couldn't believe myself. I think I might actually like it here.

"I told you it was beautiful. Your dad had some money saved up before he died. It was to pay for your brothers college tuition but after what happened-" before she could finish I cut her off.

"Don't talk about my brother or my dad!" I yelled as I walked towards the back yard to get some peace and quiet.

My brother and my dad both died when I was 10. My dad went to pick up a drunk Hunter, as he had every weekend. Hunter would always go out and party, and dad always had to go get him.

That one night was different though.

They never came home.

I always sat up on the couch, waiting for them, and they would come through the door at 2 am.

Hunter would stumble by me and place a quick kiss on my forehead.

Always. Not once did they ever get to the house at any other time.

It was 4 am and I woke my mom up when someone had started knocking on the door. She answered the door and the police man told my mom that my dad and Hunter had been in a car accident and there had been no chance in saving them.

The words still echo through my head. "There was nothing we could do. We're very sorry for your loss." I was forced out of my thoughts when I heard a basketball being dribbled from the neighbors house.

I saw a boy about a year older than me shooting some basketball. He turned to me and noticed I was staring.

"What?" He asked.

"Oh nothing. You just startled me. I was lost in my thoughts then I heard you and it startled me that's all." I rambled nervously, obviously not wanting to talk about what I was thinking.

"So what's your name new girl?" This very impolite boy asked me.

"I'm Chloe Roberts, and you are?" I asked trying to sound as stuck up as he had.

"Oh, I'm Nash Grier." He smirked.

Comment and vote!

-B🌺