Chapter 6

Jade's P.O.V

A week after Jade's parents were killed. 

I've been staying at Gen's house for the last week her parents have been talking to a social worker about my living situation. I'm supposed to find out what they are going to do with me once I get out of school today. It's a good thing the day just started. 

As I was walking to my locker I felt something was off so knowing me I decided to take a look at my surroundings. I saw nothing, but I'm smart enough to know not to trust my eyes and to trust my instincts. I've always had really good instincts I mean they've never let me down before so why would they start now. I suddenly felt someone tap on my shoulder causing me to turn around and almost kick them in the side. But I didn't as soon as I saw Gen I then instantly calmed down relaxing a little bit.

"Hey, how you holding up." She asked I know she's trying to comfort me and help me and all, but seriously I am fine it's not like they mattered to me

"Fine, it's not exactly hard for me." I saw to her still having this off feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. 

"Okay, well if you need to talk know that I'm here no matter what okay." She says rubbing my left shoulder with her right arm then walking away.

### 

The rest of the school day I couldn't shake the feeling I had, but there was only one person who knew my secret and thankfully he had a secret too, so I decided to call him.

"Hello" he answered and it sounded like a bunch of angels singing. 

"Hey yeah James, I need you to come to my school I have a really bad feeling and I need your help," I asked then the phone immediately hung up.

I walked to the front doors of the school and waited, until about twenty minutes later James got out of his swinger and made his way over to me.

"Come on we need to get you out of here." He said pulling me behind him and then we both got in his car then drove.

### 

After a short twenty-minute car ride we were at a huge mansion I came to know was his house. We both got out of the car and walked into the mansion. Walking up a long staircase and over to the room, I had found myself in the last time I was here. He then closed the door and locked it and walked over to me.

"What exactly is this feeling you have." He asked me.

"I don't know ... it's just something feels off," I say, stuttering a little mid-sentence. 

"Okay, I want you to stay here and don't leave this room, don't call anyone okay. It's not safe for you here anymore." He said, pulling me into a hug and giving me a soft kiss on the top of my head. I nod my head and then sit down on the bed as he leaves the room.

### 

It's been a few hours since James left me alone in the room now I was beginning to get scared. Just as I was about to start crying the door open revealing a bloody James I quickly ran over to him and hugged him waiting for him to tell me what we are gonna do next.

"Jade we have to get you out of here, cause whoever killed your parents are after you now." He said in a calm yet rusty voice. He then picked me up bridal style, much to my dismay I might add, and carried me to his car.